Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need advice on purchasing a gps system

outlaw38 ยท 2014-06-11 23:41

I am wanting a simple cheap gps system to make a straight line through the brush with my skid steer. I have no experience with anything other than a boat gps system. What is out there availble for me? I am wanting to go to point A and make a mark, walk over to point B and make a mark. Then get in my skid loader and mulch a straight line. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1watglen2014-06-12 06:15

    Check out your local ag dealer, or aftermarket ag dealer. There are lots of simple systems available. In our area the Outback system comes to mind. Most guys have them on a tractors. Cost new is around $2500, maybe a little more. There are plenty used around too. When you say brush, you mean low scrub. Not high trees. Trees and gps don't work together. Ken