Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy my first dump truck and would like to know what is a good dependable single axle dump, do i need a 2 speed rear? is auto or manual better? any thoughts and advice would be helpful I'll be pulling a Case 580c backhoe 11,000lbs and a 5,000lb tag along trailer total 16,000lbs I found this and was wondering if it's a good deal? 1995 F-800 Mileage: 12,441 (Original) Engine: Cummins FD-1060(359) Turbo Diesel Transmission: Allison MD-3050CR-P, 5 Speed Transmission $15,000 Here is the second truck i found 1995 Ford F800 Dump Truck / 6 cyl/ Cummins Diesel Engine/ 2 speed rear/5speed standard transmission/5yard dump body/ mileage 29,695/AM/FM Radio/ maintenance log available/one owner/excellent condition. GVW 26,000/ $15,000
not bad choices, i doubt boths miles are right or they have tons of hrs and no miles. I put 10k on my 88 f-800 last year alone. $$ seems 4-5k high. You should be able to get an older single axle dump, diesel motor for less that 8 and in nice shape, 10 would be about as much as i'd want to give. Look for air braked trucks, it would be nice but not likely to find jakes on them.
Thanks for the reply stump jumper, I thought the same thing, the miles seem low for the year and the price seems a little steep I have been searching online for a few months now and it looks like I could find something in the $10,000-$11,000 range are there any engines/transmissions I should stay away from. Thank You
This seems more like a deal not sure of the miles, how are these engines seems like the HP is a little light for a truck this size For Sale is a 1987 F-800 Ford Dump Truck *8-10 yard Body *Air Brakes * Pintle Hook * 7.8 L Ford Diesel / 210 HP *5 speed with 2 speed Rear $9,000
I have an 88 f-800 w/ a 7.8 myself, it is somewhere in the 250hp category i believe. 6 yard, 10' box. It does fine with my dozer on the trailer which is 38,600 for everything, and I've got plenty of hills in my part of pa. Hp wise, alot of ih 466's left with that many ponies. Check craigslist, alot of singles show up there. I might be able to find you something up here too.