Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need as many photographs of a specific style wedge lock coupler please

Cartoondude135 · 2025-07-25 03:44

I was hoping not to resort to this - as in, I might end up wasting your valuable time and resources on your end, but after several feelings of "Victory is within reach!" ending up turning into "So close, yet so far!", I have no other choice. Ok, this is for anybody who lives within the Ontario region of Canada - and especially if you're within range of or live within Toronto - more about that as you read on. I'm trying to reconstruct this specific style wedge lock coupler in Blender as a decorative accessory to my excavator family. But this excavator coupler is proving to be tedious - no, elusive to seek photographs for. I tried every available photograph source; Flickr, Almany, Getty Images, Shutterstock, Ritchie Bros, Machinery Trader, Iron Planet, etc. - all to no avail. I even contacted the companies and manufactureres involved; Sanscon Construction Ltd., Nye Manufacturing, Bateman Manufacturing - all to get nothing in reply. In a nutshell, I'm stumped/out of leads. This design is basically a unique variant of the following wedge lock coupler lugs: Kenco, Finning (AKA, Caterpillar), AMI Attachments, Brandt, Craig Attachments, and Weldco Beales Manufacturing. I can see why Bateman Manufacturing made such an innovative angle plain design: so chances of things like pebbles, rust, or dirt interfering with the attachment disconnecting with the coupler are practically 0-1%. Dirt can accumulate or rust can grow between the back bucket linkage pin ring hole lips. And again, this is a unique variant design to the round pain wedge lock coupler lugs produced by the aforementioned manufacturers I mentioned. Now, before you jump to conclusions, I did do my studies and examinations very carefully and thoroughly: although IMAC makes a very similar designed wedge lock coupler and wedge coupler lug set, the back hooks of their designed ears are shorter . So please don't mix up/confuse IMAC's design with Bateman's. The coupler and coupler lugs/ears must fit snuggly - not too tight and not too loose. - One operator I witnessed from my childhood learned that the hard way when they tried to attach a ripper with a similar wedge lock coupler design but their excavator had a different wedge coupler design. Although the stopper you see in the four pics above have different variations - such as being a flat rectangular bar or bonded to the back bucket linkage pin ring hole lips, these will all accommodate this specific wedge lock coupler lug set snuggly. And also, the palm of the wedge lock coupler must barely glance or not contact the support plate between the attachment lugs - which is that plate you see welded between the two wedge coupler ears or lugs that holds the two ears/lugs together and prevents them from binding or bending. So by photographing the wedge lock coupler by itself - as in not attached to any attachment, I can better see how this thing is designed so it accommodates the attachment and the wedge lock coupler lugs snuggly. This wedge lock coupler design you see frequents the greater Toronto area - and especially where there's a situation that involves demolishing streetcar track rails to replace them. The first place I ever beared witness to this is This Is Daniel Cook Building A Sidewalk/Road . This is why I'm so fascinated in this specific design wedge lock coupler - that kid's show and it's episodes made it famous.

Replies7
  1. #1cuttin edge2025-07-29 11:40

    don't think that would be it

  2. #2skyking12025-07-29 12:15

    I have CWS here probably not what you want either.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-07-29 12:34

    Looks very similar to an EDF brand wedge coupler , manufactured in Quebec.

  4. #4Cartoondude1352026-08-06 09:17

    (cue Rayman's YEAH! track)

  5. #5HarleyHappy2026-08-07 12:54

    That’s okay, I had enough after about 45 seconds.

  6. #6Cartoondude1352026-08-22 14:53

    So yes, see? It's design is indeed slightly different to the IMAC style wedge coupler with it's shorter and smaller rear hooks . Don't get confused.

  7. #7funwithfuel2026-08-22 17:42

    Looks like a bastardized version of a wain roy manual coupler.