Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Detroit Info

Vetech63 ยท 2017-08-07 18:58

I had a 6V 92T lose the main bearings last week and ruined the block and crankshaft. I'm trying to find either a long block, or short block since I don't really have weeks to wait on machine work repair. Has anyone here ever bought one in the past? From who? I'm having trouble finding either. 06VF 203236

Replies6
  1. #1td25c2017-08-07 19:34

    Adelmans would be my first call if I could not shake one loose close to home . http://www.adelmans.com/detroit-diesel-6v92ta-turbocharged-engine-6vf053975

  2. #2crane operator2017-08-07 20:12

    Probably craigslist, and its a guessing game as to what you can get. Here's one by ft. smith: https://fortsmith.craigslist.org/hvo/d/8v71-318hp-6v92-engines-350hp/6178371768.html That or you may find one in a bus, or truck and buy the whole truck just as cheap, OKC: https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pts/d/detroit-6v92/6223870104.html I also get some parts from Central state core, in springfield, mo; they may have access to one also. They usually don't have runner's, just core's. I do know where there is another 6v92 sitting in a semi trailer stored, up by kansas city. I don't know its condition, but I think its still there. You can pm me if you get hard up and I'll see if its still around. Good luck.

  3. #3Junkyard2017-08-07 20:17

    If you want to do some swapping and have room I have a nice 8v71. Came from a reputable feller on here and has a few thousand on OH if that. Clean it up and reseal it just for the heck of it and you're good to go. Should be a 318 but I have not checked injectors to see if that's how it's setup.

  4. #4crane operator2017-08-07 20:25

    I also get Detroit parts from American Fleet in Springfield, mo. They're a old bus repair place, and are doing a lot of 60 series work now, but probably have everything on hand to rebuild your 6v92. They're good people.

  5. #5crane operator2017-08-07 20:32

    I'm also feeling a little guilty.... I've got a 6v92 sitting on the floor of my shop, I bought it for my 70 ton crane, thinking if I ever need it, I'd already have it. I knew if I had one, I wouldn't need it, and that's the best insurance policy..... Anyways, if you're really hard up, let me know, I found the one I have, I can find another.

  6. #6Vetech632017-08-09 15:35

    Thanks all. Found a complete remained runner for $14k at US Diesel in Michigan.