Hello configuration and ECM experts, We are currently troubleshooting a Caterpillar 6040 Electric Drive Mining Shovel . The main Drive-Controller has been damaged and we are replacing it with a new/blank unit. To configure the new ECM via Cat ET, we urgently need the matching compatible Flash File (.fls) or configuration backup. Here are our machine details: Machine Model: CAT 6040 Electric Drive Machine Serial Number: DHX40146 Damaged Controller: Drive-Controller PC-AC SIL Controller Part Number: 374-9333 App version noted on tag: ESC_PC-v1 03r2 If anyone has this flash file in their database or from a similar working unit, could you please share it with us? We have Cat ET and Comm Adapter 3 ready on-site. You can also reach me directly or send the files to my work email: [email protected] Thank you very much for your time and professional support! Best regards, Bat-Erdene TTJV Co., Ltd.
Looks like one for Nige
Thanks for the heads-up, Joe H! I really appreciate your guidance. I will keep an eye out for Nige's response. Hopefully, he might have this specific flash file in his archives. Best regards, Bat-Erdene
And unfortunately Nige has struck out. That machine S/N does not appear on the system to which I have access. It is probably relatively new, I suspect 2021 or later. if you want to upload a copy of the flash software file to the ECM then your ET will need to be the Dealer version. that is the only one that contains the Winflash operating system. If you can somehow get hold of a copy of a Config file from another machine then that would upload to the ECM using the Copy Config function in the Customer version of ET.
Hi Nige, Thank you so much for checking your archives and for the valuable information regarding the ET Dealer version and Winflash. You are right, these machines are relatively new. Fortunately, I have full access to CAT SIS 2.0 on my end. I can download the official flash file (.fls) directly from SIS using the serial numbers of our other two working units. Since I will have the correct flash file from SIS 2.0, I will proceed with the flashing process using our Cat ET Dealer version. Thank you again for your confirmation and help! Best regards, Bat-Erdene
You’re welcome.