Hey! I am having problems finding the correct part number (and where to find one) for a steering cylinder rebuild kit for a Ford 555B (tag says model DF8111) It seems the problem is there are two sizes of cylinder rods ... .685 inch diameter and 20 mm (.787) diameter I need the one for the the 20 mm (.787) diameter rods. I am hoping to find a kit (see pictures of ones that have just the seals and ones that have everything including c-clips and wire retainer rings) that has "all" the parts needed to complete the rebuild. I am not sure it it helps but I "think" the kit "might" be # 86516209 ... and kit # C5NN3N713A is for the .685 rods ... but I can't find anyone to confirm this. Thanks so much ...... Mike
The seal kit for the 20mm rod is EHPN-3A540-AA. Not sure if that crosses to 86516209, but this answer should be available with a little searching. You might try Hercules-Bulldog for a seal kit. There are not many hard parts in this seal kit. No. 13 snap ring. No. 11 washer. No. 16 lock ring. I don't remember what 16 looks like but 13 should be available from anyone who sells snap rings and the 11-s should be reuseable. Hope that helps. It's harder to figure this stuff out now that CNH has removed this info from their web site.
The idiots that redesigned it have no idea how complicated they made life for the masses.
oops ! Double post.
I imagine most of us were using it to get part numbers to search the internet with. At least that is what I did. They sure messed it up and made it useless. Thank goodness when it was up I saved most of the areas I looked at to a PDF file. That was one feature I loved about the old setup.
Thanks! Got the parts on the way. Mike
I see that the parts were ordered but I just want to share the Messick's still has the old parts info on their site. I called my dealer the other day and he told me to go on Messick's site cuz it still works...LOL They are pulling their hair out too because of the confusion. https://www.messicks.com/nh/115149?sectionId=446883&diagramId=04895BBA-B8BF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6
Thanks! I have purchased off them before but for some reason they didn't come up in my searches this time. I will make sure I check there next time. Mike
The problem with Messick's site and the link you posted is CNH deleted part No. 4, the rod, from the schematic, so there's no way to confirm that this cylinder uses a 20mm rod. You have to go back to paper (or fiche) to confirm. The old site used to update part numbers but I haven't tried that yet.
Update. I entered the old part number and got nothing so that function was eliminated also. Sad, but not surprising, given what's happened the past thirty years. I should be surprised it didn't happen sooner.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-555B-...MANUAL-CATALOG-NUMBERS-DIAGRAMS-/392423594235
Check Break, I entered the number in search and it found it, and told the updated number. I clicked that and it took me to the part, which is in stock. See pics