so after plenty of screwing around testing everything I'm at the point where I think I need to replace my hydraulic gear pump. I have the new gear pump however there are two pumps on my machine and I don't know which one is what. Can anyone tell me which pump operates the boom and bucket? This is the one I need to replace. I tried tracing the hoses but they all appear to go to a valve body and without knowing what the inside of that valve body looks like I can't be certain of which pump is what.I am under the impression one pump operates the drive and one pump operates the boom and bucket. please correct me if I'm wrong and help me identify which is which. Thanks
If I'm not mistaken, there are two large hydrostatic pumps bolted together and the equipment is smaller and its bolted to the front (towards bucket) pump. Now don't quote me, its been a few years since I've looked at one.
If you have the high flow kit in it, there's a second gear pump mounted above the two drive pumps, I think as KA says the implement pump is bolted on the back of what Deere calls the RH hydrostat pump. Looks like there may be two or three choices, hope your parts guy sold you the correct one. I believe the pump you want to change will have a clamped on suction hose from the hyd reservoir hooked to the suction fitting.