Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help

blacky705 ยท 2024-11-12 07:38

Hi, I'm looking at a 2007 NH LB75B backhoe for sale that states it will drive in reverse fine but forward is very slow. I did look up the issue on this forum. Seems to be a NH thing, but the authors never seem to report the cause or how they made out. Can anyone shed some light on this issue. Thanks Roger

Replies3
  1. #1aighead2024-11-13 06:44

    I can't speak to your issue but I'll say my 2004 lb75b has been a good machine for the 4 or 5 years I've owned it.

  2. #2Swetz2024-11-13 08:27

    Most of the problems I am aware of were in the erlier Ford machines. In that case it was not uncomon for the suction strainer in the trans to get clogged with junk. The later models have a different style shuttle. Also, there are 2 types used. Power shift (think auto trans in your car), and shuttle shift (a converter driven foward/reverse unit with a manual trans behind it). The powershift units are notably less reliable from what I have read.

  3. #3blacky7052024-11-13 11:59

    Thanks for that info, the machine I'm looking at is priced 10k below other comparables. Just wish I can be sure of the issue and rectify it easily. Cheers