I have to give an estimate soon a house on the beach in NJ. The house is about 140' x 50' with a basment (9' deep). I estimated 1,325 cy yard s have to come out of the basment and 75 cy out of the rest of the footings. So a total of 1,400 cy of fill have to be excavated and removed. Monday i will be calling around for pricing on trucks and to see were I can get rid of the fill. I need help with the time to excavte, load trucks and backfill. The back of the house is only 5' of the property line so I was think I can ramp down and bring the 160 in the basement or I can lower my skid steer in with the 160 to do the backfill and stone the basement. Alos there will be 6 1,000 gal seepage pits to be installed and all the 4" drainage pipe for the roof drains.
Right now in my area, it seems a lot of people are looking for fill. If you need fill from a material yard, you have to buy it. If i were you, before i gave the fill away, i'd see if anyone needs a lot of fill and tell the a few dollars a yard picked up. If you're able to sell the fill and they pick it up, you can dig the foundation and load the trucks up, make a few $$ and save $$$ on trucking. You could still probably charge the builder for trucking as they wouldn't know if the trucks were hauling fill for themselves.... Just an idea... As far as the 5' off the property line, not sure. I'd maybe try to do the footing drains after they pour the footings before the walls go up. Not sure how much of the area your excavator could reach, but it seems as though your skidsteer would be the best bet for the tight backfill.