Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help figuring out what model dozer I am working on

ggpost · 2023-04-29 13:07

I have what I believe to be a fiatallis dozer but I can't find model number anywhere on the machine it has a Perkins engine.

Replies25
  1. #11693TA2023-04-29 14:35

    Is there not a tag riveted to the bulkhead, (firewall) in front of the operator station? Also look on the right rear of the main tractor casting for a stamping. This may be looking at the tractor from the rear, or from the right side. It has strong similarity to the 653 series, (which was based on the HD-4 series) but there are a lot of differences from them. I suspect this is an Italian copy of the 653 but the undercarriage is different as are all the controls from the Allis Chalmers product. The FD-5 replaced the 653 but the sheet metal and undercarriage differ from your photo also. I've not seen a track frame and finals that appear as yours do myself.

  2. #2ggpost2023-04-29 15:06

    I haven't found anything riveted anywhere yet. i forgot to mention it's hydrostatic drive with pilot control joysticks. That is what I'm having trouble with

  3. #31693TA2023-04-29 15:10

    I could see that and the 653 series was not that way. That has to be a Fiat design from Italy but I've not been able to drill down to identify it positively. I don't remember the style on the grounds either but it's been a long time ago.

  4. #4ggpost2023-04-29 15:19

    Thought maybe that would help identify it

  5. #51693TA2023-04-30 07:51

    I am not entirely certain but I think that dozer was produced when the Fiat-Hitachi partnership was in effect. That did not last very long however as Hitachi parted ways. I don't remember anything built with a Perkins engine however so wondering if a repower? The dozer is close to a D60, or 70 series in appearance, but those had Cummins, or Fiat engines installed. The undercarriage says "Hitachi" to me from limited memory.

  6. #6ggpost2023-04-30 08:31

    Both the final drives have a build date of 09/88 if that helps

  7. #71693TA2023-04-30 08:35

    Definite Hitachi involvement. I think Brazilian built.

  8. #8Tones2023-04-30 08:57

    What is the hydrostat problem?

  9. #9OzDozer2023-04-30 09:05

    It's not a Fiat-Allis, but it's been sold as a Fiat-Hitachi. It's an Italian machine, built by Macmoter S.P.A. of Modigliana, Italy - and it's model number is DI50M. Here's one that was sold in recent times. Fiat-Hitachi DI50M bulldozer Fiat-Hitachi DI50M bulldozer sale advertisement from Italy ➤ Dozer ✓ Price: €26,000 ✓ Year of manufacture: 2002 ✓ Running hours: 699 h ✓ WY32052 ✓ Machineryline machineryline.info And here's a discussion about Macmoter S.P.A. They went bust in the early 2000's, so good luck finding any information or parts for it. macmoter Italian excavator and self-propelled crawler manufacturer Would anyone have information on "macmoter" earthmoving machinery, an acronym for earth-moving machinery, a small but important Italian manufacturer? The company founded in 1969, the MACMOTER, with its factory in Modigliana (FC) not far from Bologna, was taken over in 1978 by Mr. A.J... HeavyEquipmentForums

  10. #10ggpost2023-04-30 09:40

    Not getting good power to the right hand track

  11. #111693TA2023-04-30 10:07

    No direct experience myself but some of the early Fiat-Hitachi joint tractors were Brazilian built. The Springfield plant was closed in October, 1985 so further history is lost to me. I was gone by the time this venture was inked, but myself and many retirees conversed about it over the years. I'll bet you can get it going again but going to take some conversion to make it work. I'd like to see some additional photos if possible.

  12. #12Tones2023-04-30 15:10

    The drive planetary and drive motor looks like Bonfiglioli so parts for that should be available. But be aware they are proprietary so they are dealer only. The transmission pump could be either Rexroth or Danfoss. Parts for that should be available also. No parts will be available from Fiat or Hitachi. The pump and drive motor should have tags on them which will give you the information you need.

  13. #13ggpost2023-04-30 15:28

    Some other pictures

  14. #14ggpost2023-04-30 15:30

    Some other pictures

  15. #15ggpost2023-04-30 15:31

    Some other pictures

  16. #16ggpost2023-04-30 15:33

    I would just like to say thanks for all the help so far

  17. #17Tones2023-04-30 15:46

    The transmission pump looks very much like a Danfoss pump. The photo of the drive motor has to much glare and is unreadable to me.

  18. #18djordje12023-04-30 15:56

    Final drive is Bonfiglioli, hydraulic motor and pump are made by Hydromatic gmbh parts are available by Rexroth distributor

  19. #19ggpost2023-04-30 16:07

    Found that on the side of the hydrostatic transmission still haven't found any tags on it yet but I bet they are there

  20. #20Tones2023-04-30 16:18

    So now pressure test the system to find out where the problem is, guessing isn't good enough and is expensive.

  21. #211693TA2023-04-30 16:26

    I agree with the others and a systematic approach to troubleshooting is warranted. If a drive motor is found to be defective, I wouldn't be surprised if you need to replace both having Bosch/Rexroth in the mix as much older items have been discontinued.

  22. #22Tinkerer2023-04-30 16:34

    A slightly better view.

  23. #23Tones2023-04-30 19:14

    The guts of the motor should be repairable though if required. Going off the tag it's 32cc motor if they do the model numbers the same as Rexroth.

  24. #241693TA2023-04-30 19:23

    I'd certainly like to hear a success story with this one as it's been a mystery many have worked for solution to. I'll bet it's a simple problem to solve with minimal parts, or adjustments and some good maintenance. That size tractor sure is handy to have around.

  25. #25ggpost2023-04-30 19:38

    I sure thank it would be handy around. I want it to do maintenance on terraces