Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help finding parking brake valve

Pelicanroost ยท 2009-10-12 14:44

None of the local parts houses have been able to help. Need an Easton Vickers solenoid valve assembly for the hydraulic parking brake unit on a '99 GMC 6500. Anyone have a recommendation that I might contact. Thanks, Pel

Replies4
  1. #1Steve Frazier2009-10-12 18:02

    Google is your friend. Eaton/Vickers They should be able to tell you where you can find it.

  2. #2Willis Bushogin2009-10-12 19:57

    parking brake Call the truck shop I use, ask for Lynette, have the last 8 digits of the vin number. They are open 6am-6pm EST. 252-638-5356 Make sure to ask for Lynette, she is really on the ball, with this stuff. I would think, your local GMC dealer should be able to help Good Luck

  3. #3Kgmz2009-10-12 22:23

    Have you tried a hydraulic shop? Most truck shops are more oriented to work on air brakes.

  4. #477 chevy k302009-10-13 13:58

    valve have u tried the dealer, u would be surprised how cheap they are on prices now. I recently had my trailer handbrake go bad. so i called around for prices. mind u i have a 2000 sterling sleeper tractor, and everthing for this thing is overpriced and hard to get. I called truckpro and they wanted $228, sterling dealer price-$185. And thats not the first product that was cheaper at the dealer.