Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help finding replacement scarifier wedges

Entropy1 ยท 2026-01-09 21:54

I have a 1954 CAT-12 grader and I'm short a few scarifer wedges. The part number off the wedge is 1D3537. This part number crosses to a Tee looking piece that is non-compatible. Obviously CAT changed the design, but why recycle the part number and apply it to a non-compatible/different part? Does anyone know if the old style wedges can still be purchased? There's a casting seam on them. Presumably cast steel (they don't break when you smack them hard with a hammer)? It would be tedious to machine these from bar-stock (my last resort option). These wedges are old. They fit the Cat12 and also the previous CAT Auto Patrol Graders. Please help?

Replies4
  1. #1Entropy12026-01-09 22:21

    I just realized I put this question in the wrong place (excavators in lieu of graders). Sorry about that

  2. #2Universal Parts2026-01-10 02:12

    wedges of this type

  3. #3Tyler d4c2026-01-10 06:01

    1D3537 WEDGE made to fit CATERPILLAR | Price: $16.55 1D3537 WEDGE. Price: $16.55 Stock: 1 available. Weight: 1.5 lbs. Dimensions: 14x3x1 in. gtengineparts.com

  4. #4digger242j2026-01-10 07:50

    Ongoing discussion in the correct forum can be found here: HeavyEquipmentForums