Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help finding the right size bottom rollers for my Hitachi track hoe

Hoghead ยท 2025-07-03 14:56

I took in for a trade for partial payment of debt owed a grey market Hitachi Zaxis ZX55USR-5A. The bottom rollers are shot and looking all over the internet for replacements but no luck. They are not origional Hitachi brand and have stamped PC 40 on the ends. I talked to a Hitachi rep and gave him the Model # and the MFG # off the plate and he said the Model is Grey Market but the MFG # indicates it is an American model so something is fishy here. He said the real Hitachi roller costs $430 but when I gave him the size dimensions, they were incorrect. I have another older Hitachi and needed a roller for it and got one which was exact fit from a John Deere dealer since many parts are exchangeable since they were tied together until recently split up.. I see these rollers on the cheap Chinese knock off site Alibaba for $40 a piece and ask for dimensions they say they have message for me but there is no message. Rough measurement for the old rollers are: Width 6 3/8" end to end but not including the resting lip where the undercarriage box rests on. Diameter of the roller is 3 3/4" and diameter of the center of the roller ridge which fits in the groove of the rubber track is 4 5/8". The diameter of the bolt securing the roller to the frame is 16 mm. The ridge width at the top is around 1 3/8". Any help on finding these would be great. thanks, Rat

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2025-07-03 17:13

    ??? https://diggerparts.co.nz/product/track-roller-for-hitachi-ex4098120140-190m16/

  2. #2Hoghead2025-07-03 21:18

    heymccall: Appreciate the help. The diameter of the rollers are within a couple of MM's (these rollers are really worn)..but unfortunately , the width is too much, I show widths of 122, 160 and 175 while the RX 40 shows widths of 142,190 and 208. If the diameter of the rollers were off a little it really wouldn't matter too much since i will be getting a full set but the width is critical so will try contacting a big wrecking yard that sells used rollers and might get lucky. Thanks, Ray

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-07-03 22:44

    It looks like the dimensions of this roller is very close. See screenshot below.

  4. #4Universal Parts2025-07-04 01:24

    PC40 means Komatsu 40. It is very likely that your parallel-imported machine is sold from China. The website you mentioned is most likely Taobao.com. This e-commerce platform is recognized by most Chinese people and is the Chinese version of eBay.

  5. #5Hoghead2025-07-04 11:31

    Diesel Dave: Many thanks for that info...I think you hit the nail on the head with that find. There is a Komatsu dealer about 70 miles north of here and I will drive up and bring the old one to see if this will work. Since my rollers are well worn, the dimensions are off a little but the roller sizes are close enough to work since I am getting an entire set and the most critical measurement is the one that fits inside the "box" of the undercarriage frame and looks to be spot on. I will see what Komatsu wants for a set of 8 and then see what prices other aftermarket dealers are selling for.. Again, thanks for this info. Ray