Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

need help for caterpillar 970F wheel loader

jglock ยท 2016-01-05 10:14

good day sirs im in need of help of my new cat wheel loader 970F wheel loader with 7PL00238 serial number and 10z starting serial on engine cat 3306 engine, i hope if you sirs have a specified oil, fuel, hydraulic filter transmission filter for the model, im at the point now of reconditioning the unit but i have no idea on the oil filter part numbers and the specified viscosity of oil specially the transmission and the diffs, my area is hot climate zone hope for your help sirs nice day haoppy new year more power to all,

Replies12
  1. #1Nige2016-01-05 10:57

    Engine oil SAE 15W/40 Differential and final drive oil SAE50 meeting Cat TO-4 specification. Transmission oil SAE30 TO-4. Engine oil filter 1R-0739 Secondary fuel filter 1R-0750 (primary fuel filter is a washable screen) Hydraulic filter 1R-0722 (qty 4) Transmission filter 1R-0719 Inner air filter 6I-2504 Outer air filter 6I-2503 Hope that helps.

  2. #2kshansen2016-01-05 13:14

    jglock, I hope you meant you were to the point of doing a service and not reconditioning it. I know terminology can be different in different areas and that tied with using online or other translation can add another layer to the confusion. What at least here in the USA we mean when we say "recondition" that would include major disassembly of machine and components. "Service" would refer to changing fluids and filters. A few small parts I would want on hand for doing service, I'm sure there might be others: Primary fuel filter bolt seal 2J0157 Primary fuel filter canister gasket 8H2778 Trans. filter canister seal 2S8439 Trans. filter drain plug seal 3D2824 Trans. magnetic filter cover seal 8H7521 Trans. drain plug seal 7F8268 Hyd. filter cover seals 2 of 6D9157 Hyd. filter cover bolt seals 2 of 9F6656 Hyd. tank drain plug seal 5M2057 I note Nige did not mention the hyd. oil maybe he will have a suggestion for that too? I recall we were using for most of our hyd. systems an AW46, checked old lub chart last we were using was Mobil DTE 25 which is an ISO 46 oil

  3. #3Nige2016-01-05 14:50

    Hydraulic oil a good commercial SAE10W or ISO 32.

  4. #4jglock2016-01-06 00:36

    thank you very much for the replies sirs sorry for the confusion im in the process of servicing the loader, is TO-T0-4 10W ok for the hydraulic systems for the 970F? ive ordered the filters already with equivalent donaldson filters namely P554004 fuel, P555461 for hydraulics so on because cat parts in our place takes too much time maybe 60 days to arrive , ive asked if TO-4 10W is ok for the hydraulics because i have available 3 barrels of the oil , im ordering the TO-4 30 grade for the trans Gulf oil brand only by the way , and TO-4 (50) for the final drives

  5. #5Nige2016-01-06 09:00

    TO-4 SAE10W will be fine for the hydraulic system on your machine.

  6. #6kshansen2016-01-06 09:46

    Guess that would make me want to order a couple sets of filters with also two sets of the gaskets and seals I listed. I lived a spoiled life where I worked as Cat dealer was a one hour round trip and for 95% of the parts we needed they could get them overnight from the warehouse in York Penn or another branch! And just about every other part could be had within a weeks time from Morton Ill.

  7. #7jglock2016-01-06 10:02

    thanks sir kshansen for the gaskets lists of part numbers canister seals orings seals checked them all out we still have in our stock just dusty but checked out ok , thanks sir for the part numbers, checked it out in cat.com and diameters and size is all ok,

  8. #8jglock2016-01-06 10:23

    thank you very much for the reply sir Nige, very much appreciate your help more power and godbless hope to still ask for help from you in the future sir

  9. #9jrangel782023-11-14 14:03

    I need help with a cat 966f series 2 prefix 7hl the cables of the electrical system were cut and I am looking for an electrical diagram of the machine. I thank you for your prompt help

  10. #10Nige2023-11-14 15:17

    We have a slight problem. 7HL is listed as a 966F Series I, not Series II. Then the complication that information on the 7HL-prefix is very limited. There is no electrical schematic available. To enable a bit of cross-checking for a suitable schematic do you have an engine Serial Number.? EDit: Is this machine a logging arrangement by any chance.?

  11. #11jrangel782023-11-18 22:09

    Here

  12. #12Nige2023-11-19 05:47

    Check your messages.