Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help from the Aussies …

Partsdude ยท 2008-09-19 10:23

... I am looking for some pictures of a Komatsu WF22A soil compactor. I am trying to find parts for one and it would be nice to know what it is I am working on. From what I gather, these were made in Aus and then exported. There are very few of these units around and I'm betting that parts are not readily available. I am in Northern Canada, dealing with my customer in Montana USA, and getting parts from (literally) the other side of the world. Great times Thanks in advance !!

Replies8
  1. #1bruce oz2008-09-19 18:44

    compactor hello Partsdude,googled up this pic,maybe sold as a Hanomag aswell ,bruce oz http://kdconstruction.com/gallery/albums/Grading_Equipment/KOM_WF22A.jpg

  2. #2WabcoMan2008-09-20 03:41

    Komatsu WF22A Had one of those on a job I was working on about 10 years ago. Very unreliable piece of gear. Had at least 2 diff failures during the time it was on site. Owner traded it in on a WF450. I can imagine that parts could be quite a headache to find. Probably a machine to avoid.:my2c

  3. #3JimInOz2008-09-22 01:42

    Wf22a The WF22A is 230HP (172Kw),& weighs 23 Tonnes. Jim

  4. #4JimInOz2008-09-22 01:45

    Wf22a I forgot to mention that this is from a late 80s catalogue. Maybe UKW (United Komatsu Wreckers ) might have parts in Oz. Hope that helps Jim

  5. #5stumpjumper832008-09-25 06:35

    what part are you looking for. It looks to have been based on a wheel loader.

  6. #6Partsdude2008-09-25 10:29

    If it is based on a loader, none of the part numbers that I need cross over to anything that currently exists. Thanks to those that have posted here, I was able to track down the final drive parts i was looking for. Now to get them across the "pond" .....

  7. #7Partsdude2008-09-29 10:13

    Just got an answer back this morning, these units have gone the way of the dodo. I found 1 machine sitting at a dump, but it is worth more as scrap than as spare parts. There are still a few odds and ends, but nothing that anyone really needs.

  8. #8Flash20042009-01-02 18:12

    If you're still looking for parts for this, try using the Komatsu WA350-1 parts book? I'm fairly sure they were a modified WA350-1 almost all major parts should fit.