Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help : Galion 503g

jeremywilliams ยท 2024-04-02 17:49

I purchased a 1960? galion 503g ser. no. 1049 . i cant find an exact service manual for this serial number machine. it has a broke chain and chain is missing. anyone know what size and length on the drive chains? its a single not double like some ive seen. also where could i get a factory service manual on this machine. any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-04-03 17:01

    Does the other side have the chain that you could measure and count the links?

  2. #2Crux2024-04-04 05:43

    I have an original 503 parts manual, dated 1963, but serial 1667 & up. For what its worth, it shows each chain to be: 1 1/4 pitch...52 links including connector link But as said, I would sure verify with other side!

  3. #3jeremywilliams2024-04-04 07:37

    thanks guys , ill definitely check the others . i greatly appreciate it.