Hello all. I haven't been here in quite a while but come today, seeking your assistance. A friend of mine asked me for help identifying a CAT track loader that he was hired to "haul away". Since I'm pretty much outside me element when discussing anything but old IH machines... What can you tell me about this thing?
Guess D4 ht4 traxcavator. Good luck
Caterpillar D-4 Tractor, with a Tracson Loader. Caterpillar bought the Tracson Company, the name "Traxcavator" became a Caterpillar brand
Wow, I hope you aren't hauling it away to scrap it!
Came across an old track loader yesterday while hiking on top of a mountain by me. Was wondering why on the map there was '' dozer junction.'' Now I know. All branding was stripped long ago by kids/hunters,etc. so I couldn't ID her. Looks almost identical to this old D4 here except this one had slotted sprockets. Had a gas pony motor to start the diesel. The bucket shape is identical.