Subject: Need Help Identifying Cat D7 Dozer - Serial No. 3T13260 Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to knowledgeable members of this community for some help with an old Caterpillar D7 Dozer. I recently had an opportunity to come my way; someone offered for me to remove it from a property they've just purchased. It's unclear whether the best course of action would be to repair or scrap it, but I'm considering both options. What I have is the serial number, which is 3T13260. With just this information, I'm hoping to figure out the year of this D7 Dozer. Any assistance in identifying it would be greatly appreciated. Any additional information or advice concerning the potential restoration or the profitability of scrapping such a machine would be equally valuable.
Can't really help but if you do a google search on "Cat D7 3T" you can see some info and maybe there is some contact information available there. Looks like it might be a 1950's tractor.
3T13260 is a 1950 model. 28,058 units built up to 1955 Still lots of them in operation, a good well built unit.