Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help identifying cat dozer

Eddie fleming · 2019-02-26 22:54

Hi I just purchased a dozer was told it was a d6 from the 70’s It has a partial cab with d6d logo on it, but the battery boxes and fuel tank have d5 logo on it Only serial number I could find 94j1731. Everything I see points this to being a d5 Can you Guys help me figure out what it is when it was made and such I need a service manual as the brakes aren’t working and left steering is out Thank you

Replies3
  1. #1Bluox2019-02-26 23:03

    94J should be a D-5 early 70's. Bob

  2. #2Nige2019-02-27 16:00

    Best build date I can come up with is very early (Jan/Feb) 1972. Production for that year was 94J1692-94J1932.

  3. #3Bluox2019-02-27 20:16

    You can use a50J ,62J,or 67J service manual or parts book. Bob