Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help….JCB 212S Drained Hydraulic Tank and no Hydraulics

woodfirst ยท 2014-10-31 18:44

I had to drain the Hydraulic tank on my JCB212S in order to change the starter. After ressembling and filling the tank I have no hydraulics to loader, backhoe or steering. Any ideas on how to prime etc? I ran for a few minutes engaging all the controls but am not getting anything. thanks for any help!!

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2014-11-01 09:26

    I am not familiar with JCB's, but you could try getting the pump to prime (if that is the problem) by applying no more than 15 PSI of air pressure to the hydraulic tank. Thru the filler cap opening. Do not let the pump run (turn) very long with it not pumping oil or bad things may happen to it. Do you have a service repair manual for it ? There are members on here that know the JCB's inside -out. Be patient. They will chime in eventually.

  2. #2woodfirst2014-11-01 10:33

    I do have a manual but there are no instructions as to priming the system. I'll try the air pressure trick just have to figure out a way to seal around the nozzle. Thanks for the reply!

  3. #3stumpjumper832014-11-01 12:04

    boy, draining the hydraulics to change a starter is one way to get you to buy a cat, case, deere, ford, etc...

  4. #4woodfirst2014-11-01 13:12

    Air pressure in the tank did the trick...thank you!!!

  5. #5Tinkerer2014-11-01 14:20

    Glad to hear it worked. Thanks for letting us know.