My dad and I just purchased a 690C John Deere excavator, and we are in need of some adapters and teeth for the bucket. We believe that the bucket is the original bucket, which according to our research would indicate an Esco bucket. There is a square socket that an adapter pins into, and the tooth pins to the adapter. We have one adapter and no teeth. The teeth most likely are not an issue to find, but so far we haven't been able to find the adapters anywhere. The best we can determine, the Esco (and John Deere) part number for the adapter is EX119-35. Does anyone have a possible source for some of those adapters? The only place I've been able to find them online ships directly from China (which worries me a bit) and they want almost $300 apiece for them. Otherwise, the machine seems to be in very good condition. It's right up my dad's alley - no computers. He's a 47-year Deere mechanic (on the agricultural side), but the engine is one he is very familiar with. They used it in their farm machinery.
Also, if anyone has anywhere I can download an operator's manual, that would be great. I would also be down for purchasing a hard-copy version if I could find one.
I googled it and ( green part store ) listed them, I new ran across that style, might want to change to something more common.
I would cut them off at put on something common. The T35S teeth are easy to come by but are a poor design that fall off easily. I never liked those adapters and at the cost would never purchase new ones. You can get J350 Cat style shanks for about $50/ea. weld them on and be good to go.
I talked to my dad earlier, and my brother was able to find some weld-on adapters for $25 each. We're going to cut out the front of the bucket that has the cast sockets and weld in a thick plate that we'll then weld the adapters to. We've been looking for these for a couple of weeks, and it appears that they're harder to find than an truthful Obama statement, and when you do find them they're really $$$$$$. So...anybody have a lead on a manual? we need to know where all of the lube inspection plugs are. There's also a twist-lock pull handle at the back of the control panel that we're not sure of the function.
http://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/index.cfm?event=productNavigate&division=CONSTRUCTION&menuDivision=CONSTRUCTION&and_attributes=division,model&model=690C&menuModel=690C $47 printed or $30 downloaded. Just curious, what kind of shanks are you using?
Thanks Deeretracks. I'm not sure what we'll end up using. Something common, I'm sure. We're in South Georgia, so we don't have to contend with rocks. Everything here is either sand or Georgia red clay or white clay.