Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help looking for software

powerjoke ยท 2012-12-29 18:01

I have a customer that wants me to build them a motorcycle track, does anyone know of any free software out there that could be used so that him and myself are on the same page ? I need something that jumps and obstacles can be placed etc..... Pj

Replies5
  1. #1Dozerboy2013-01-08 23:21

    Just for layout(looks) or are we talking something more fundamental? I have a few friends that have done a lot of track building. They all have a background in motorcross and tell me its more about building jumps and landings that work together then fallowing a plan.

  2. #2Hendrik2013-01-09 00:17

    Are you after some sort of CAD program? http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-cad-program.htm Generally these programs require a degree of skill to use, I think some members here use Google sketch up? Perhaps something like this http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/landscapedeck.asp If all else fails, pen and pencil still do the trick.

  3. #3Acivil2013-01-17 10:10

    Building a good track has waaaaaay more to do with feel than a drawing! I would go out to the site with your customer and have them suit up and ride the layout until they like it, then start adding obstacles.... corners will be all different radii and not necessarily constant radii... make the landings wide, and work by the hour.

  4. #4powerjoke2013-01-17 21:50

    Sorry for the late response fellas, Ill try google sketch up I'm not a motocross rider so I'm having a hard time figuring out what they want and the digital assistance was more for my benefit than theirs lol Pj

  5. #5Spangles2013-02-03 22:11

    I'd look up half a dozen motorcross tracks, pick the best bits in each and replicate it. forget about cad design - pen and paper will go much faster.