Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help, roller won’t vibrate.

RobVG ยท 2013-05-09 14:54

BW142d Problem started intermittently. I'm thinking a loose wire somewhere. Relay, handle switch and panel switch seem to be working. Wiring disappears into a covered bundle. I don't know how it works but I assume the wires end up at a solenoid valve somewhere? If so, what might it look like and do you have any idea where to find it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rob

Replies5
  1. #1RobVG2013-05-10 00:17

    Nobody?:crying

  2. #2heymccall2013-05-10 00:24

    My BW141AD2 has a potted computer board with changeable relays. It also has an independent fuse for the vibrate.

  3. #3RobVG2013-05-10 22:02

    This is an 1987 heymccall, no printed circuits. I think I got it figured out today. I found the solenoid valve and turned the switch on and there was no power going to the solenoid. I know power is coming out of the switch so I'll run a jumper from the switch to the solenoid. But that's Monday's news

  4. #4RobVG2013-06-07 15:35

    Well I found I had 12.5v coming out of the switch and actually 8v at the solenoid end. Ran a jumper wire and all was good. I've never ran across a voltage drop and wonder what might be some common causes? Also, are there some circuits that require a drop where you don't want to send full juice? Wouldn't want to jump something I shouldn't. Thanks Rob

  5. #5OldandWorn2013-06-07 16:01

    I doubt it in this case, the solenoid probably needs full battery voltage. Bad connection(s), damaged wire, has to be one of those causing the drop.