Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help: What Is This Pipe? Casting BP3399X – Caterpillar Part?

Turin · 2025-05-23 03:50

Hello everyone, I need help identifying a component that appears to be part of a hydraulic system or a fuel/air pressure line. The component has a casting number: BP3399X and is a steel pipe with flanges on both ends . I’ve attached several photos from different angles for reference: Total length is approximately 1 meter . Outer diameter is about 1.5 inches (rough estimate). Color: Yellow , similar to typical Caterpillar parts. So far, I haven’t been able to find an official part number or any references in parts catalogs. I’d really appreciate it if anyone familiar with this part could help identify what machine or system it’s from and possibly share the official name or part number . Thanks in advance!

Replies2
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2025-05-23 07:35

    I would say the casting number is for the elbow only. It is 6p3399 and it was made in Japan

  2. #2Nige2025-05-23 09:15

    The Tube Assembly is from the torque converter oil cooler lines for either a D7G tractor or a 571G Pipelayer. The Part Number of the Tube As is 9P-9715, #18 in the illustration below.