Went and looked at a Hydro-Ax 311B today, 1986 vintage, shear head. Owner said he bought it from Richie Brothers 8 months ago and claimed he had "cut a few trees" with it after he first got it, then said his brother had "run it around a bit". I could not get the main arms to lower using the joy stick, nor could I get the shear, nor the accumulator arms to function. Looking at the shear head there is a 3/4" or so hydraulic port that was capped off, along with a 1/2", there are also the same sized lines running over the lift boom which are both capped. When trying to function the shear it would bump and the larger loose, would bump as well, I have never seen one of these before so I was guessing those lines should be connected. The machine has been painted so I suspect somebody before the auction removed the shear, or maybe it had a hot saw on it as it did have the electronic wire for the tach zip tied to the hydraulic lines, and did not hook up the lines correctly. Can anybody tell me how the hyd lines on this should be connected, and what the joy stick button functions normally do. There was a thumb rocker switch on the top of the joy stick and a push button on the front of the stick. Will these machines run a hot saw? I have a Kohering Waterous head I am looking for a machine to mount on. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
No replies yet.