Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help With Case 40XT Joystick Control Linkages

JACKCAPRA ยท 2026-04-15 06:46

Need a visual on a KNOWN GOOD for my 40XT. My right side joystick leans all the way into the ROP cage when bar is up. It obviously needs adjustment. I removed right side joystick boot and notice the lower cross bar for the control system moves back and forth in a oblong hole on mounting bracket. I cant tell if this hole is oblong from wear or if there is some type of bushing missing or that's is the way it is supposed to be by design. The parts manual is no help. See video for better understanding. All this is visible when the bottom joystick boot is raised up.. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can take a look at there machine and maybe a picture the next time you got the ROPs cage up. Thanks in advance!

Replies3
  1. #1JACKCAPRA2026-05-16 15:16

    Here is a Video of what I m trying to explain!

  2. #2steve wherley2026-05-30 09:28

    I have had on 60xt cross shaft for controls brake off on the end.

  3. #3stephenrobinson987412026-05-30 13:14

    From what I remember, that hole is usually oblong by design to allow some adjustment, but the joystick shouldn't be leaning all the way into the ROPS cage. I'd check for worn bushings, loose linkage hardware, or excessive play in the cross shaft. Hopefully someone with a 40XT can snap a pic of a known-good setup for comparison.