Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with ct 332

bucketboy ยท 2015-11-08 14:36

I'll be glad when this machine has finally put me thru fixing or adjusting every darn thing on it, then maybe I will get to get on this forum and just answer questions once in a while. The problem I'm having now is that the left hand motor gear box is heating up, very hot, compared to the on the right hand side. The service manuals that I have don't seem to diagnose this type of problem. Usually when a hub with bearings heats up this hot it's time to replace them. Now I know that the motor gear box is a sun gear and not bearings, but I was wondering if any of you guys have ever experienced a problem like this. I was just running the for a little while before I noticed the heat coming off of it. The day before, I had just flushed and replaced the gear oil in both sides. I have the machine shut down because I do not want to create any further damage until I have found the cause of the excessive heat, however, I do want to run it and see if the drive motor is producing and transferring the heat to the sun gear, but I don't know if I should. Any thoughts or advice from from you guys would be appreciated. Tracks are adjusted. Gearbox flushed and re-filled. Tracks are clean and free of debris. I even petted and kissed the machine before I started her up.

Replies2
  1. #1mikebramel2015-11-09 01:36

    Jack it up, drive it in a straight line, measure the temperature and pressure differential. If you have oil in it now it may have been run low before?

  2. #2bucketboy2015-11-10 20:43

    Sorry so late to respond Mike. I did block up and spun tracks. Left side gets hot while right side gets about luke warm. Ran it for about five minutes at 1/2 throttle. If I run it for 15 min's or more, it gets too hot to even put your hand on it. Recorded temp is at 156 degrees left side and 96 on the right. When you say measure the pressure differential, do you mean at the brake manifold port???