I have lost the dipstick for my Dynahoe 490. Don't ask how cause I'm old and don't know how it happened. It has a 4-53 Detroit engine. It is time for an oil change anyway so if I knew the specifications as far as crankcase quantity I could just drain and refill then make me a dip stick and mark it with the case full. Does anybody have any material that would list the capacity of the crankcase? Thanks, Pel
There are still plenty of 4-53s in service around the world.I would take a picture of your oil pan for reference as there will be different configurations I suspect that might affect the markings on the dipstick but for the most part the actual oil level should be just about the same in all of them. Look at older construction equipment like roller/compactors,marine applications,generators and even well drilling rigs.Ron G
Yea, just my luck. I just this past summer sold a boat that had a 4-53. Thanks for the tip, Pel