Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need info.on Fiat Allis FD5

2stickbill ยท 2010-10-03 10:26

Trying to locate supplier for engines and other parts.Need to find service manuals for this dozer too.I was wondering to remove the engine can you unbolt bell housing are do you have to pull tranny with it? Has hydrostatic drive.

Replies13
  1. #1td25c2010-10-03 11:26

    Try Minnpar for parts & service manuals. http://www.minnpar.com/

  2. #22stickbill2010-10-03 13:10

    Thanks.No luck online and this part of Texas not many around.

  3. #3td25c2010-10-03 18:36

    Yes 2stickbill.Parts are getting harder to fined.To my knowledge Minnpar is the only aftermarket company supplying parts for Fiat-Allis tractors.Go to the web site & click on "parts search" at the top,then register .It's pretty handy,if you have the part number it will tell you cost and if they have it in stock.I orderd a complete parts book from them about a year ago for the 16-B.cost about 50.00$ Comes in handy at times & saves playing "phone tag" with the parts man.Never worked on an FD5 so I cant be much help.Best of luck with it & keep us posted.

  4. #4ctkiteboarding2010-10-03 19:18

    new holland dealer has parts for my fl5

  5. #5td25c2010-10-03 19:33

    Thats good to hear that New Holland can service your fl5 ctkiteboarding.I called two New Holland dealers and had no luck but my tractor is a 1974 model.They said sorry td25c we dont carry parts back that far.

  6. #6ctkiteboarding2010-10-03 19:37

    cant even order them?

  7. #7td25c2010-10-03 19:41

    No sir.What year is the fl5?

  8. #82stickbill2010-10-03 20:12

    This is a weekend job I picked up.The owner said look for an engine for it since this one is so rusted up.One place here close might have one.Got to call Monday.Will let you all know if I have any luck.This engine seems to not have sleeves.That would make it easier to overhaul with out boring it.

  9. #9ctkiteboarding2010-10-03 20:25

    1990

  10. #10td25c2010-10-03 20:47

    Cool ctkiteboarding.1990 Fiat fl5.I never was around one but it sounds like a nice size tractor for allot of jobs.

  11. #11mulec2010-12-19 09:56

    I have an FL5 service manual, what information do you kneed?

  12. #122stickbill2010-12-19 21:24

    Thanks but we did find a place in Tyler TX.for parts and all the manuals.Fired this bad boy up yesterday.Run smooth even though w didn't resleeve it.To much money and trouble.Checked every thing over again today.OOPS radiater has a hole in it.O well more fun.

  13. #13Skillet2015-11-15 00:17

    I need a set of replacement idlers for my FD5. I've tried Fiat Allis dealers here and in nearby states, as well as a few traders out there. I have some folks who are working their contacts for a aftermarket set or a good used set. I was told it is pointless to try and rebuild the ones that came off of my dozer. My machine is a 1984 and the shaft, bearings and housing were all pretty much shot. Advice please...