Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need manuals for American 399BC

deboldag ยท 2014-10-20 00:05

Just purchased an American 399BC and am looking for information especially manuals for this machine. I am a new operator but do have an experienced operator to act as a mentor/instructor. Just trying to learn as much about the machine and it's operation as I can. This all started because I have 5 ponds on our farm that need cleaning and I could not find a dragline operator to do it. Got a quote from a track hoe operator that was a lot more than I paid for my machine. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Harry

Replies2
  1. #1Buckethead2014-10-21 19:01

    You might try contacting Terex, they bought out American Hoist and Derrick. Or try the HCEA, hcea.net, it's a club of people who love old machines. They have a huge library of manuals, and they might be able to give you some information.

  2. #2deboldag2014-10-22 11:07

    Thanks Buckethead, I found Operator/Service manual at http://equipmentneeds.net .