Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need New Holland hydraulic pilot pressure specs, LS160, LT180, LT185-B, etc.

lantraxco ยท 2015-05-06 16:00

Need to know for the joystick controllers, what the pilot pressures are supposed to be for each function? The controllers are common to many models, LS160, LS180, LT185-B, etc. There are some surplus controllers available and I'm trying to determine the output pressure curves for each plunger. Anybody got a service manual handy? Thanks! :idea

Replies5
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-05-11 02:13

    pilot pressure(at full function stroke) will be equal to charge pressure (360psi) I don't believe the service manual tells you the pressure curve from the pilot controls. You may have to T into the pilot line to determine the curve. Not sure why you would need to know the curve anyways. On the case skid steers there was a few orifice sizes for the pilot controllers.

  2. #2lantraxco2015-05-11 13:17

    GaryHoff, Thanks, but there's always a start and end pressure, even on systems where the final pressure rises at the end of stroke to input pressure. The fact that there are three different regulator kits in this one controller tells me that they're either different pressures or different control curves. As I said, I ran across a bunch of these controllers available surplus and would like to use some in something other than a New Holland. I'll probably just buy one and test it in my shop, I just figured the manual should give you at least the start and end pressures for testing.

  3. #33X82015-05-11 16:31

    Here's the manual for a LX565 is that helps http://sampledl.s3.amazonaws.com/New_Holland_L565_Lx565_Lx665_Repair_Manual.pdf

  4. #4lantraxco2015-05-11 18:43

    3X8, Thanks, but it appears that machine had manual linkage only, what I'm looking for is from a machine with the joystick hydraulic pilot controls. Cheers, Lanway

  5. #53X82015-05-11 19:02

    Oic