Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need new tracks – what brand?

bad Tom ยท 2021-11-05 20:42

My tracks are about done for on my 440CT. What are your thoughts on Prowler, Higualtracks or RIO ??? Is one better than the others???

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2021-11-05 22:23

    I have used the Hiqual tracks. They were on my machine when I bought it new, they went to about 1300 hours and one broke. I bought another set of those tracks and it had it on there when I traded it in at about 1900 hours. I thought the traction was always good. They would crack like all of them seem too. The price was decent at least back then. I would buy another set of them. How they compare to others, I don't know, I have never run the others.

  2. #2Mark132021-11-05 22:32

    I've been happy with my Camso brand tracks. The first set of the Camso SD (zig zag bar tracks) made it 1655hrs before I broke one running along the edge of a road at an awkward angle. I have about 450hrs on the second set and they're still doing good aside from some damage I caused running in some bad rocks on a building project. I found that Ryan with Track Hutt was great to deal with for both tracks and some front idlers for a mini ex. Fast shipping and straight forward purchases.