Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need old P&H shovel info

loggah ยท 2012-05-12 18:58

I posted this in the "OLD IRON" section a few days ago ,but thought i might get more results here. An old P&H shovel came into the scrap yard where i cut scrap with my 235 with labounty shear, it runs has a small 6 cylinder continental engine in it. I really hated to cut it up those small swing shovels aren't that common anymore. I need to know what model, and about what year it is to find a manual for it. The s/n on the front of the house ,says no.8944,and theres a small plate welded on it by the boom mounts,says SO 172000 and under that it says U23. any help would be greatly appreciated,heres the link to the pictures. Don http://www.pbase.com/loggah/ph_shovel

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2012-05-13 21:42

    Don their is group her New Jersey that runs old equipment like that .I think the group is called Easy Diggins.If you call the Tilcon quarry in Wharton, NJ t.They can put you in contact with them .I am sure some them guys has what you need.

  2. #2loggah2012-05-14 06:53

    Thanks, ill check into that!,i used to do work for Tilcon here in N.H. ,before Pike,Oldcastle bought them out. Don