Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need side glass for a D4h2

dennis sanders ยท 2018-06-06 01:25

I cant find a frame for the sliding glass on the lf side of my D4h2...any help would be appreciated

Replies13
  1. #1grandpa2018-06-06 22:32

    3W-4229 WINDOW AS -LH

  2. #2dennis sanders2018-06-07 02:22

    Thanks for the part number... th his is a tough one.

  3. #3d9gdon2018-06-07 10:33

    Call Quinn Tractor in Fresno CA, they have a dismantled tractor with a cab on it. https://www.machinerytrader.com/lis...-equipment/manufacturer/caterpillar/model/d4h

  4. #4Nige2018-06-07 11:17

    3W-4229 is Ref #32 in the illustration below. Ref #29 is the seal used to install it.

  5. #5dennis sanders2018-06-07 23:13

    Thank you all for the info..just got in. hope to be able to check into this in the morning...unreal how difficult this is.

  6. #6dennis sanders2018-06-08 10:02

    Strike 14...dozer in Fresno is a open ROPS...Thanks for the help...has to be one somewhere other than Cat.

  7. #7dennis sanders2018-06-08 10:14

    Nige you have any idea where I may find this part...Cat must use gold in the frame......I told them thats crazy what they want...

  8. #8Nige2018-06-08 10:17

    Have you tried Offroad Equipment..? www.offroadeq.com/ - $680 for the complete assembly. On the other hand, if you don't like Cat parts prices, don't buy a Cat ......

  9. #9dennis sanders2018-06-08 10:50

    I like Cat just dont ljke being robbed...

  10. #10dennis sanders2018-06-08 12:26

    More than one way to skin a cat...have a metal fab shop building ne a frame and a glass shop going to put glass in...still like Cat but not bring held up.

  11. #11heymccall2018-06-08 15:30

    When salvage shopping, these are what it fits

  12. #12dennis sanders2018-06-08 18:59

    Thank you for the info...

  13. #13dennis sanders2018-06-13 11:03

    Well I can afford Cat...I found all the parts for 300.00.....took some digging...parts are coming from 3 different locations.. thanks to a great parts man and patience.. . this all breaks down in 3 separate orders....thanks for all the help...