Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some help!

Wyoelkhunter · 2025-03-12 23:50

Hello everyone, I just bought a 1999 JCB 214S series 3 backhoe / loader with 4 Wheel steer and full size front tires. I’m about halfway done with a full service on the machine filters oils fluids etc. but have an issue with the proximity sensors and switching steering modes OEM sensors are close to $400 a piece and I want to make damn sure that’s the real issue before a pull the trigger, does anyone have any advice? Also experiencing a random total failure of my lights going out, but I think I have that one diagnosed

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2025-03-13 10:13

    Can you get a schematic from a dealer or online somewhere. Have you cleaned up all the connections at the various sensors to rule out dirty or broken wires. Not there and not too many guys have worked on these, maybe someone else will chime in with a suggestion

  2. #2Wyoelkhunter2025-03-13 14:42

    Yeah I may just have to dive deeper on some electrical trouble shooting