Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need to find a wheel

toyman ยท 2008-12-02 19:08

I have a 580 super L Case series 2 4X4. I need to find a good front wheel. Any ideas where I can get a good used one. I'm in Michigan. The dealer wants $240 for a new one, that just seems excessive to me. Thanks for the help...Toyman

Replies18
  1. #195zIV2008-12-02 19:14

    There's a utility company just down the road using one so I could get you a wheel, but there'd be a permanent borrowers fee .

  2. #2toyman2008-12-02 19:15

    You would have to deliver it though.

  3. #3greywynd2008-12-02 22:14

    I'm afraid to ask what happened to it that it needs replaced and is beyond repair..... There's likely a tractor wrecker/salvage somewhere in your area, that would be a start. Also, some of the tires for skid steers are the same tire size, I don't know if any of the rims would be the same or not.

  4. #4toyman2008-12-02 22:40

    A tire blew out (Sunday), just before a snow storm. I spent an extra 4 hours running around to get a tire and repair the wheel. The tire I put on there is good for a spare. I have a great tire dealer here that is working on getting it warranteed, the side wall blew out. There is not a mark on the sidewall from hitting anything. Looking for a good used, or somewhere with an inexpensive new. I have searched the internet for used with no luck. There is only one place that I am aware of that may have had one and they don't (in my area). Toyman

  5. #5greywynd2008-12-03 07:23

    What did it do, bend the rim then? I can't see a sidewall blowout doing enough damage to a rim that it needs to be replaced...or are you more so looking for another rim to have one setup as a spare?

  6. #6toyman2008-12-03 07:38

    Yeah the tire rolled off the rim almost instantly. I had to drive about 25' to get it off the road to remove it. Just bent the outside bead, we hammered it back out pretty straight. The blow out in the side wall was right at the edge of the shoulder of the side wall. I have the heavy duty side walls with rim guard, so if you can picture it, it was right where the heavier part of the side wall starts to blend back down to the tread. Should hear today what they say caused it.

  7. #7Dirt Poor2008-12-03 08:10

    Try a google search for Hey Wheel Co. , they are into manufactureing off road wheels and rims. Hope this helps, Gary

  8. #8toyman2008-12-03 18:11

    I never would have guessed that it would be this hard to find a used wheel. Everyone I call says the same thing "NOPE, I can get one built for about $300 though" I may have to break down and buy a new one from CASE

  9. #9greywynd2008-12-03 22:01

    No matter what you do or when, you'll find about a dozen the first week after spending the extra to get the new one!! :Banghead :Banghead

  10. #10toyman2008-12-03 22:17

    Yeah, that's just par for the course!!

  11. #11Goose2008-12-04 19:57

    Try Hagan tractor at 800-365-0602 for used rims or www.heywheel.com for new rims

  12. #12toyman2008-12-04 20:08

    I'll try Hagan tomorrow. I tried getting in touch with Heywheel and did not get a response. Thanks Goose.

  13. #13cat 3852008-12-04 21:56

    broken tractor . com has some wheels ,but i'm not sure if they have what you are looking for.

  14. #14Bartlanz2008-12-05 12:32

    Craigslist and ebay... I bought an extra front tire and rim for my case for $200 and the rubber was nice, and the rears i got an extra rim and two tires (one mounted one now) with minimal wear and rot for $300. Deals to good to pass up....

  15. #15hagantrac2008-12-05 15:43

    We hear that you're looking for a wheel. We should be able to help you. It will be used for $170.00. Freight should be about $30.00 Terry Hagan Hagan Tractor Parts 800-365-0602

  16. #16toyman2008-12-05 20:41

    Broken tractor.com has the wheel. I am waiting for them to get back with me on the shipping. He told me $120 for a new wheel, can't hardly pass that up. Toyman

  17. #17cat 3852008-12-08 18:16

    did it work out??

  18. #18toyman2008-12-08 19:12

    Never heard back from them, I'll try and call tomorrow.