Hello Im in ontario I need a float to move a 108,000-110,000lbs excavator i have a heavy spec tractor im looking to put a lift axle on truck and get a 4 axle float but would a 3 axle trailer do. If could avoid buying a flip for short term that would be great only move it couple time a year
You will be fine as long as your truck and trailer combined empty weight isn't more than 31,995lbs that's assuming the excavator is 108000lbs....... No chance without overweight permit. Our new 4 axle truck & trailer empty weight is 65500lbs. Gross (truck & trailer loaded) weight can't be more than 140000lbs
I know I will need an over weight permit I'm just curious if my current 3axle 55ton and tractor if I install a 4 axle on tractor I can legal it or if i have to buy a new float with a pin on and 4 axle truck
Sorry your original post didn't have a very specific question
You need to check all your axle weight ratings for your truck and trailer. Load machine on and go to scale, check loaded axle weights see if you've over loaded any of your axle weights....
You need to check all your axle weight ratings for your truck and trailer. Load machine on and go to scale, check loaded axle weights see if you've over loaded any of your axle weights....
I know trailer has 3 25k and truck has 46r and 14,600 front thinking to put a 20k push axle. I know truck and trailer weight 44k and with a lift axle I would imagine lift would add 2k