Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need to remove starter/solenoid from 94′ PC28UU-1 Komatsu Mini Excavator.

Danny Correll ยท 2020-11-01 23:58

Starter finally went on my PC28UU-1 (serial #4789), but unable to find access to remove it. I would only click and when tapping it lightly with a hammer it turned around twice. When trying again it would only click. It's the original starter. I pulled the radiator assembly out, which is under the seat to gain access. The starter is about two feet away and need another access point to remove it. Anyone have experience w/this or have pics or seen a written procedure to remove it. I have three books on the unit but none help, they are the shop manual, parts book, and operations and maintenance manuals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Dan [email protected]

Replies5
  1. #1Jgm2020-11-02 10:41

    Is there not an access plate behind your seat?

  2. #2Danny Correll2020-11-02 16:00

    Jgm, I'm about to head over there now. I did pull the Heater core out from under the seat, which would have been a better access than if there were an access under the seat as the starter is two feet to the left when looking through the the heater core area. I'm lucky to see it there then alone to tap it w/a hammer like I did the other day. I will inspect all over the machine today and get back. Best, Dan

  3. #3Danny Correll2020-11-03 00:37

    9 View attachment 227166 View attachment 227167 View attachment 227168 View attachment 227169 View attachment 227166 View attachment 227169 View attachment 227168 View attachment 227167 View attachment 227166

  4. #4Danny Correll2020-11-03 00:40

    I was able to gain access to the starter By removing the Cab heater and the floor panel. I ordered a new starter, which is supposed to be here tomorrow.

  5. #5Jgm2020-11-03 11:17

    Glad to see you got it out, lots of work for such thing, I had the same problem on a jobsite, had nothing to lift the cabin off, worked blind, with one hand, and had too remove from under side of engine