Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need tracks for a John Deere 50D – Any recommendations and sources?

swampdog ยท 2016-12-05 00:22

As the title says, I need a set of rubber tracks for a JD 50D. I'm wondering what is a good brand of after market tracks. Are they all the same, or are some a lot better than others? Also, I would appreciate recommendations for where to buy tracks at a good or best price. I'm in Canada, but will order from the U.S. if necessary.

Replies5
  1. #1jbernielh2016-12-05 22:04

    where in canada?

  2. #2swampdog2016-12-06 13:02

    Saskatchewan. Actually, its for a John Deere 50C, not a 50D.

  3. #3DoyleX2016-12-06 13:11

    What kind of material do you get into? Might want to check out roadliners if there is a bunch of square sharp stuff.

  4. #4swampdog2016-12-06 14:00

    Not much rock around here; mainly clay and sand.

  5. #5jbernielh2016-12-06 21:04

    that was the next question I was going to ask.. I got a set of camoplast for my 304 because they were good for the fractured rock I have.. not as good as steel/roadliners but better than the OEM.. I got them from a supplier in Kelowna for about 2 grand each last year.. I suspect your best bet would be a supplier in alberta somewhere and save yourself the sales tax.. Bernie