Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need well made garden hose

mbavers · 2019-08-19 21:22

I know this is not the proper place, but don't know where else to post this, and the most knowledgeable and experienced folks are on this board. I've been looking for a well made, flexible, easy to handle hose that won't leak at the connection where the hose meets the faucet fitting. I like the ones made of latex that partially collapse and shrink when drained. I bought one at Home Depot that works fine except the connection leaks. I don't want to take apart the fitting that covers the connection for fear of making it worse, until I find a replacement. I have many of the old fashioned ones that are heavy and clumsy to handle. If anyone knows of a well made, collapsible hose that has lasted a few years I'd appreciate a recommendation. I'm tired of buying junk!

Replies8
  1. #1d9gdon2019-08-20 17:01

    Flexzilla. It's a lime green one. They are great. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flexzilla-Drinking-Water-Safe-5-8-x-100-Garden-Hose/22179856 I've had their air hoses for over 10 years.

  2. #2seville0092019-08-20 17:21

    You sure you have the gasket (a good one at least) in the hose connection? Usually there won’t be leaking/dripping if it’s in there. You can buy them at any hardware store if it’s missing

  3. #3mbavers2019-08-20 21:14

    Thanks!

  4. #4mbavers2019-08-20 21:15

    Thank you.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2019-08-21 05:59

    Dam GOOD QUESTION.. I got tired of chasing down "kinks" so my sprinklers would work, so I went to tractor supply & found this "Guaranteed NOT TO KINK" hose.. I drug the old crap outta the garden, cut 150' of old hose up & threw it away.. Got the NEW HOSE strung out & hooked up & wrapped about 2-3 left over loops on the hanger.. I turned on the hose & barely a trickle.. I looked at the NEVER KINK HOSE & it was kinked on the hanger.!! it was FLAT & twisted.!! I guess they never said anything about "twisting".?? U wanna talk about MAD..

  6. #6Vetech632019-08-21 06:58

    You obviously didn't get the "NEVER kink or TWIST" brand. Shame on you! LOL

  7. #7Vetech632019-08-21 07:02

    This reminds me of this last weekend when I went to get my 100' extension cord out of my storage shed. I guess the last person here that used it just wadded it up and threw it in the floor. Took me 30 minutes to untie all the knots. Son-in -law does NOT get a gold star this week.

  8. #8kshansen2019-08-21 09:12

    This year around here if one wants to water anything all you have to do is wait 24 hours and it will be wet!