Anybody know of companies looking to hire in Central and Northern NJ?? My company just laid off half its work force, dont wanna have to move back in with the parents! Help!!
Sorry to hear that. How many ppl is "half" ??
um sorry to hear this jim, i'l keep my ear open.
I hear a lot of companies are laying off. Luckily we have tons of work lined up. it took me a few months to find this job and im glad i did
They laid off about 10 of 23 employees
What are your thoughts about working out of state? Pete
Where in Jersey are you? What kind of experience do you have?
Find anything yet?
what part of jersey are you in hammerdown? what kind of work are you doing with your company? what equipment do you run?
central. we are out of cranford/linden. commercial masonry mostly. we have a contract with the postal service so they keep us busy. 580e, 410d, 75-uu excavator, 753 bobcat, tiny roller, komatsu dozer d21 i think with rubber tracks.
well I live in the western half of central jersey, Hunterdon to be exact. I have plenty of experience in both commercial and residential. I can run anything except a grader or a scraper, those are two I have not had a chance to run in my 8 years in the business. Pete; yeah, Ive been thinkin I may have to look elsewhere than Jersey for work. Any ideas??
Hey Big Jim, Lots of pipeline and pump station work in Ms. & La. Guys are making big money, 25-30hr, 70/day per diem and 40/day for vehicle use & fuel. Maybe alot of storm clean up if the weather guessers are right. Good luck. Pete
Anyone else feeling any slowing or layoffs?
Jim where are you in hunterdon co? Have you found any work yet?
nope, nothing yet. couple of jobs came around but they got snatched up quick
you have your CDL? Truck companies are hunting drivers right now
nope, working on that now..... real pain in the ass to get a liscene throught the dmv here
Truckers are cutting back, big time. I'm updating my own resume, and am very seriously considering parking it. I'm considering one motor carrier. If their rates are no better than what I'm seeing, I will park the truck and seek employment elsewhere. Just where, I do not know. I keep thinking about the oil fields and mining, since it seems everybody else is cutting back.
yeah ive been saying now for a while that this past year was the final for me in construction. This is no way to live.
Jim i got my class A a few months ago and it was an easy process. whats giving you trouble?
did you go through the dmv or a driving school?? My only real problem is not being able to use the truck as much as I would like before the test. The only practice I get with it at all is on the way to the testing center. Some of the cones got in my way
I went through the DMV. School is stupid expensive. (4k) it took me 7 months though. my boss at the time said i could use his truck for the test and then blew me off so i started looking for a new job. The company i work for now took me a month after i started. in that 7 month period i only drove about 8 times. i failed my first road test for driving too fast and forgot the range flip at a light. now my boss hasnt driven the truck since i passed. youll get it jim Frank
i know, thanks for the encouragement. It just burns me up that given the actual amount of road time that I have, i feel that Im a much better candidate than some of these spanish guys driving around jersey. More than once on a job have i had to back in some guys ti axle They are really crazy about the CDL test tho, they should make it half as hard to get a motorcycle liscense as it is to get a CDL.... there would be a lot less deaths
not to re-thread jack this thing, but whats the work situation like here?? I'll even labor at this point.... for a nice coin, of course