I have a 2008 rear engine Thomas Built School Bus with a 6.7 Cummins engine. I recently had the hydraulic pump go out. I have tried to have it rebuilt, they told me it was too far gone, I have called over 50 places looking for a new one. Apparently in 2010 Rexroth was bought out by Bosch, moved to Germany and discontinued my specific pump. I sent it to Florida to a company who said they could make one up for me... they sent it back and said they couldn't. Parker apparently makes a retrofit kit, but it is around $7,000! Somewhere someone has one sitting on a shelf or in a decommissioned bus and I could really use it! The MNR is 9510 490 198 If anyone has any source or input, Ii would greatly appreciate it
What does this hydraulic pump supply that it would cost so much? I wouldn't think that power steering would be that big of deal.
The expense mentioned is if I can't find a replacement pump, then I would need a retrofit KIT, which is a lot of parts not just the pump, and the computer needs to be reprogrammed. Also, it doesn't just run the power steering, it also runs the hydraulic radiator fan. The pump needs to push 27 GPM.
What kind of drive does it use, belt or gear?
It is gear driven, 11 spline shaft
So it mounts to the engine on a flange?
It actually mounts to the air compressor on what is called an "A" pilot flange. are you familiar? I need a pump that mounts by an "A" Pilot flange, produces 27 GPM, and has both 2" and 1 3/4" inlet and outlet holes.
Is there a manufacturers tag on the pump? A pic of that would help
Have you tried flint hydraulics in Memphis? Call them and give that nnr number
Then try engineering technology services in Memphis
Thanks for your response. No, I haven't tried them, but I have tried 27 other companies and they all tell me the same thing: "It is no longer available" I will try Flint, because I am always willing to chase down a lead. But I put it out to this group in hopes someone might have a used pump, or know of an alternative pump. I'll give Flint a try and let you know what I find out. Thanks again.
So far Panagon Systems has been the most helpful. There at least they gave me over to an engineer who has been helping me look for an alternative pump with the same capacities. But again, I look at both places you recommend. Thanks.
That is just a basic gear pump. Rather than trying to find that pump by part number all you need to do is spec it out. I use Nova Hydraulics in Indianapolis. Flint should be able to spec a gear pump as well. The mount flange will be an SAE standard.. Then all you need is gear housing and port sizes and type. Also net to spec the input shaft spline typically that is SAE as well
Vetech63... ETS in Memphis was REALLY helpful! They got one of their techs on it... fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.
Partsandservice.... yep, that is the conclusion the guys at Panagon helped me come to. I will try Nova... that is only an hour from me. Thanks for the input.
Here are the specs for my pump in case anyone has one or knows where I can get one: 2 Bolt "A" pilot 11 spline shaft 3.6 displacement 27GPM 2" and 1 3/4" inlet/outlet ports
Did you check this https://www.ebay.com/itm/334174942432 https://store.boschrexroth.com/Hydr...ps/HYDRAULIC-GEAR-PUMP_9510490046?cclcl=en_GR
djordge1, thanks a million for that.. it is awful close. Just a couple numbers off. But I did send an email through their "contact us" button and made inquiry if they can help me or if it is comparable. You must have done a little digging to help find that, thanks for your kindness and time. It would be great if I hear some good news from them... I will keep you posted... thanks again!
Valtec Hydraulics out of St Louis MO. If they can't find a replacement they will build a pump for you. http://www.valtechydraulics.com/
TH Thanks for that, I will give them a try. I have tried several companies like Valtec... what i am understanding is for some reason my pump is OEM, so it is on some kind of information lock down, so companies are not allowed to access the information in order to build it to specifications. But, willing to try, someone has got to be able to help me. Thanks for the info!!
As long as you know the specs of your pump (displacement, mounting, ports, etc) should be fairly straightforward to come up with a replacement.