Howdy folks! I would be inexpressibly grateful if someone could give me some info on this machine... Anything that is possible to find out. What year it is, where it was sold, etc. I am seriously considering buying it, and would just love some more info. My local dealer is entirely unhelpful. Serial number is 5LN-03238
You year of manufacture take a close look at the bottom RH corner of the Serial Number plate. it should be marked in that location.
Looks like it’s worth considering. Nice and tidy looking.
Nice to see the above poster state a 3306 engine.Good lump.
Wow! Thanks Deimos! Exactly what I needed. I went ahead and picked it up. UC looks strong. Runs good, super tight. Almost no slop anywhere except the track frame bushings on one end the equalizer bar. Bushing is blown out. What do y'all think is the right money to be in this for? 10.9k hrs. Wouldn't know it looking at it. Pulled the plug on both finals, and they look great. Questions for the gurus here: #1, What info can y'all find on the blade? Serial # 1WP02701 #2, The dash stickers are mostly missing, so I have no idea what these lights correspond to or what the buttons do. The left button seems to change the LED indicators, but without the stickers, I don't know what's happening and am unfamiliar with this instrument cluster. #3, Give me some ideas for repairing the transfer bar ears. I know I can weld them up and line bore them, but if someone sells replacement ears, it might be best to just cut them off and reweld.. or perhaps there are oversize bushings I can drill for? #4, Does anyone have parts, service, or operators manual PDF for a series 1 like this they could DM or email me? Many thanks guys! I appreciate y'all's expertise.
Regarding an Operation & Maintenance Manual search for Cat Publication SEBU6887. A pdf version can be downloaded from Cat for $52 or try this (genuine OEM) CD from eBay for $36. Reference the blade all the parts for it will be in the Parts Manual, SEBP2493. it's not like the old days where the blade parts were in a separate book to the tractor. Here's one, again on eBay , for $32. Note that a new one is $245 as a PDF or $288 in paper form.
Well,you make the money when you buy them in my opinion. Even if there’s problems internally,that is a strong,up together looking tractor that’s not bent and bashed about. The blade assembly and tracks are all strong,the framework appears sound.If you find problems with its inards along the way,at least it’s worth spending on. I can’t value it as those configuration of D6’s don’t exist in the UK.