Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NEMCO Bulldog 725 Mini Loader

renegade ยท 2011-04-03 18:40

I just bought one of these the other day. It is a little 2500 pound articulating mini loader. Unfortunately the hydraulic pump needs to be rebuilt. Piston pump shot! It is an Eaton 70143 model. I had no idea this pump was so expensive till two days ago $3k!! I was wondering if anyone has any advice on cleaning out the hydraulic system. Once I rebuild this motor I dont want it to blow again. Ive heard two different things I should do. First one was to go and take all the hoses off and steam clean them and all the rams. Second was to just put a new filter on and run it, then change the filter after a few hours of use. Also, have any of you guys ever owned or operated one of these? How were they and where could I find some info on them. Ill try to get some pics of this thing soon. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1renegade2011-04-27 10:07

    Ok so, I've been looking at the pump and have found all kinds of brass shavings. Some of the pistons on the cylinder block got all messed up and what do you know, shavings. I'm sure I probably have some metal shavings as well, (piston retainer broke). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to flush the system?