Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Never caterpillar

James hampton · 2023-04-03 22:38

I purchased a new 302CR over a year ago. It never started correctly. I was told that was because of new emissions. It had 12 hours on it when it was delivered. I was able to only use it 3 times before it wouldn’t start. I spent 9 months complaining that it wouldn’t start. They told me that was covered by warranty but I had to get a 2.5 ton machine loaded and delivered to them that won’t start. Mobile service isn’t covered under any circumstances. The mechanic on the mobile service hadn’t seen one before so he used Facebook to see if anyone had any knowledge of how to work on it. Finally I got it loaded and delivered to them. They kept it two months They replaced the engine and all fuel system. They delivered it and it still didn’t start and it was missing parts. They put 10 hours on it The unit has 40.0 hours currently. They want to give me pennies on the dollar to buy back the I will never ever purchase a caterpillar equipment in the future

Replies14
  1. #1Simon C2023-04-03 22:53

    You need a good lawyer. That sounds criminal. Simon C

  2. #2KSSS2023-04-03 23:07

    DAM! I am not a CAT customer but typically under warranty you have to pay to get the mechanic to the job if you can't take the machine to them, but as long as whatever is broke is covered under warranty the repair itself would be covered. All that aside, I would request a meeting with your CAT service manager and salesman, if you have not done that yet. Your best bet is them getting the machine fixed correctly. And as Simon says you likely will need a lawyer, but first I would try and work your way through CAT and hopefully someone will step up to help.

  3. #3Acoals2023-04-04 10:14

    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #4Lagwagon2023-04-04 20:55

    It wouldnt start so they replaced the engine and fuel system then it still wouldt start and they delivered it back to you like this…….riiiiiiiiight

  5. #5Acoals2023-04-04 21:43

    . . . And they wouldn't send a mobile tech but the mobile tech had to go on FB to figure the machine out. And then they drug it to Cat . . .

  6. #6willie592023-04-04 22:53

    If what you stated is fact, why are you venting it on an internet forum which makes your words live forever. Instead, you should be contacting an attorney and let them speak for you in the appropriate channels.

  7. #7Tones2023-04-04 23:34

    D6c loss of oil pressure thread coming into play.

  8. #8Vetech632023-04-05 07:58

    LOL...........I hope so!

  9. #9Vetech632023-04-05 07:59

    LMAO!

  10. #10Tyler d4c2023-04-05 08:22

    Not a cat warranty issue if true. The dealer is the problem

  11. #11Acoals2023-04-05 09:56

    We need some action around here . . .

  12. #12Junkyard2023-04-05 10:31

    Doesn’t pass the smell test…… Also, anytime I see a bold or italic font….I’m suspicious!

  13. #13LACHAU2023-04-05 11:12

    It's strange?! The error of not being able to start is too easy to fix, especially with such a tiny and brand-new excavator?????!!!!!

  14. #14excavator2023-04-05 11:33

    Until we know more about what actually happened I think it is a bit early to just write this guy off. I've seen some similar incidents where the dealer appeared to have very little knowledge of their machines. I'd like to hear more of the story from James, if it's not true it won't take long to figure it out.