Took delivery of my new 772GP yesterday here are a few pictures I took of it got the wing taken off and put a good 8 hours on it today I’m liking it so far I also am one of the first in my state to have the new logo design on this grader I like it think it looks really sharp.
Nice machine see you getting blade shiny. I started on a Deere 570A ended with Volvo tried to suggest Deere to them but you know how gov low bid works. Enjoy it
Thanks for starting this thread. Keep updating as you put some hours on it. Curious to hear of any problems you have. I too like the new striping and logo. At a glance didn't see any other exterior changes. Can you shift your table to the bank position on the right side with that extension? 16ft total moldboard? I'm at 400hrs on our 672G. I've been cleaning out drainage ditches for the past week or so. Really like the all wheel drive. What brand tires are you running?
Will definitely keep updating as I put hours on the machine and yes I have a 16ft moldboard and I can also use the bank position on the right side with the extension and these are Michelin gls2 tires on this machine I wish it would have the snow plus tires going to miss them in winter for snow plowing.
I've always had Michelins. This time we got Bridgestones. I don't see much difference. Time will tell on longevity. I never had problems with the Michelins. I pushed two small snows without chains. Had to use AWD in the steep hill portions.
The AWD definitely helps in the snow with the snow plus tires I hardly had to use the AWD but I’m sure I will need it with these tires
Well I operated for 2 hrs got out to look over the machine and I noticed it was dripping oil out of the drain tube checked the drain valve it was closed so called dealer and they had to come out and installed a new drain valve found the seal bad on the drain valve lucky I caught it also have a couple of fault codes up on the monitor for the left and right reverse lights mechanic didn’t tell me much other then he’d look in to it.
My engine oil drain tube always has oil/dust on the end of it. Won't leave a puddle on the concrete or anything, but is seeping. In regards to the fault codes. I'm afraid to ask, but are they these codes? TCU 516773.06 TRANSMISSION RIGHT REV LAMP CIRCUIT FAULT TCU 516770.06 TRANSMISSION LEFT REV LAMP CIRCUIT FAULT I've had this code problem since new. Still codes periodically. I submitted my Deere Customer Satisfaction Survey and outlined this problem that's ongoing. No response yet from Deere. To address mine they replaced the shifter and both rear lights. I think it's a problem in the Computer programming in the machine. With LED lights there is a slight hesitation before they come on. I think the computer diags the shift into reverse too quickly. One of the diags is to test for load on the reverse light circuit. I think it detects no load before the lights have a chance to come on. Throws the code. The most aggravating part is once it codes it won't reset without shutting the machine off and restarting. Until it resets you have no reverse lights...... Deere blamed me for shifting to reverse too quickly. How the hell are you supposed to slow that process down?? The shifter toggles to Forward or Reverse, there's no neutral in the middle........ That one really Pi**ed me off!!!! Tried to blame their problem on me. Our machine threw this code the first time while it was still at the factory. Threw it the second time while it was being prepped at the dealer. Code was active when they backed it off the trailer at delivery to me.....
I have the same fault codes as you do on your machine haven’t heard anything back from my dealer yet will let you know if they figure anything out.
I was afraid you were going to say that...... If we ever get a fix I'll pass it on to you also. I've raised the issue to Deere level so maybe...... How about your delay shutdown? Does it work?
I’ve had to add these to some LEDs to make them work properly on a newer Ford pickup. Computer didn’t detect a load from the LEDs and shut down the circuit. I would think your machine would be designed to function properly with them if they came from the factory. But it would be a cheap experiment to install these and see if it solves your problem. Some of my LEDs functioned properly, some needed these resistors. I had a 12V system, so you may need a different resistance.
Yeah my Son who's a mechanic suggested using those. I agree. But until Deere is done doing warranty work I'm not going to try one. Not going to give Deere a reason to stop trying to fix the problem on their dime. Thanks for the suggestion!!!
My delay shutdown has not worked yet and ik it should of my dealer knows about that also ik on my cat machine the delay shutdown works great.
On our 770G pre-DEF machine it worked great too. It took me awhile to reteach myself to not chuck it in park and hit the stop button. That issue has also been raised to Deere level. I'm pretty sure now I'm being ignored by the dealer waiting on my 1st year free warranty repair coverage to expire. Then they'll want to start charging me for trips to work on the machine.
Well here is the latest update on my new machine currently have 45 hours on it was operating it yesterday and got a low coolant warning on my monitor so stopped checked the tank and was definitely below the add couldn’t see any leaks so went back to the shop and parked it my dealer is coming out tomorrow morning to see what they can figure out will report back what they find.
Every new grader we've purchased has had the coolant level right at the low mark. A couple have tripped the warning light until I fill closer to the full mark. Hopefully yours is something like that rather than a leak. I'm at 500hrs. Had another fluid leak couple days ago at the AWD hydraulic junction box at the front of the main frame. Another leaky O-ring where the test ports fasten to the box. That's the third leak on that junction box. Still coding reverse lights but rarely now. Maybe once every 25hrs. Still no Delay Shutdown. Haven't heard from Deere after sending in my customer satisfaction form listing my problems 3 months ago.
Well my dealer come out and found a bad hose on the thermostat that was leaking got it replaced and I’m back in business now have 70 hours on the machine and everything seems good still get the reverse light codes periodically as you do.
Still no Delay Shutdown? I've noticed my reverse lights don't code as often. Actually haven't coded in about 30 hours. I'm wondering if I got an update thru JDLink that solved the problem? I'll keep you posted.
Still no delay shutdown on my machine and I haven’t gotten a reverse light code in the last 20 hours.
Wondering if Deere fixed the light issue with an update. You'd think they would notify everyone when they do that........
I agree I wonder if they didn’t fix it with an update I will ask my service manager at my dealer see what I can find out
My service tech asked me one day if I wanted his access to the onboard computer? Said I could then view all updates and status checks on the machine. I said not now. I don't want Deere to say I went into the system and messed up something. When my issues are all resolved then I'll ask James to set me up with that access. If I had it now I would know whether they fixed this problem with an update. But I don't want my "fingerprints" in there now.
Quick update on my new machine now have 120hrs on the machine and have not had any more trouble with it took and gave it a nice first wash and wax machine looks good again
My backup lights don't code anymore. Still don't have delayed shutdown. 500hrs. Changing engine oil at 250hrs. Hasn't used a drop. Yours is looking good!!!
So an update on my machine I’m about 20 hours away from 1000 hours was out operating the machine today got a low coolant warning came on the monitor so stopped checked the tank and it was almost empty was at the normal line this morning when I did my fluid check and could smell antifreeze smell couldn’t find any leaks called my dealer and they seem to think the coolant is going out the exhaust thinking it’s the EGR there coming out to look at machine on Tuesday will update what I find out then.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's a simple fix!!!! I'm at 1200 hrs on our 672G. Still don't have delay shutdown. Once every 100 hrs or so the reverse light code will pop up. Haven't had any mechanical issues at all. Uses no engine oil at 250hr changes.
Here is the update on my machine mechanic came out checked over machine and found two coolant hose’s that were rubbing through that was that problem so least that was easy fix I also have been getting a high transmission oil temperature warning while roading my machine mechanic looked in and found that the seal between the axel and transmission failed and was overfilling transmission so he ordered parts and 2 days later the dealer had me going again very satisfied with the service I’ve received l operated machine yesterday and were all good to go.
We’ll have another update have 1200 hours on machine now and have been adding a half gallon of engine oil every 10 hours obviously not good on that low hour machine and when I check my transmission oil the oil was rising on the dipstick and was very dirty like engine oil was contaminating it so suer enough rear main seal failed so dealer had me bring it in they had it 2 weeks I’m back in business now I love this new machine but the down time I’ve had is surprising with them amount of hours.
Bummer!!!! I whine and bitch about computer glitches with our machine causing codes. But it's not mechanically failed me. Is Warranty taking care of your repair? I'm at 1,300 hrs. I change the engine oil at 250hrs. I never have to add any between changes. I'd be paranoid about what the engine oil is doing to the trans???? JD transmissions seem to be a bit weak and vulnerable. Hope it goes well. A neighboring Township has a 672D. It's 15 years old or so. Only has 2,800 hrs on it. 1st/2nd gear trans clutch failed. JD replaced the trans with a new one rather than trying to rebuild theirs. Weren't any in warehouse stock so they pulled one off the factory assembly line. Cost them $35,000 by the time they got it back.....
I suer wish I was just having electric fault codes and sensors going on instead of the major mechanical issues thankfully we have a 5 year warranty that is covering all of the repairs otherwise it would be a very expensive machine to own hopefully the problems are all fixed up I’m honestly nervous going in to winter for snow plowing with it hope it doesn’t leave me stranded i know my township supervisors are not impressed with new machine so far and I’m worried also about the damage the engine oil in transmission definitely not good for if hopefully no problems happen and yikes that’s a very expensive repair bill for a new transmission like I’ve said before I’m very happy with this new Deere but the downtime is killing me when I haven’t had any trouble on my cat machines.
We purchased 7 year/5000 hr powertrain warranty on this machine. Unfortunately our problems aren't covered. JD and the dealer delayed until the 1st year everything covered warranty expired. So I just deal with the code issues. As you mentioned, I don't have mechanical issues that make me not have faith in the machine. I'd be very nervous in your situation.... We're getting snow now. 1-3" forecast.