Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New binders

Randy88 ยท 2011-07-19 23:11

Anyone use the new style binders out where they put an adjusting turnbuckle on one end of the lever binders? I just saw them advertised a few weeks ago and lost the info for them. I was wondering if that would help out when one link is too loose and the next is way too tight to over center the binder even with a piece of pipe. I thought that the new style might be the best of both worlds and was curious if anyone has bought and used them yet?

Replies3
  1. #1muzy2011-07-20 14:47

    You can acheve "half a link" by shortning or lengthning the end of the chain that is installed as a loop. Move that hook one link and your golden. muzy

  2. #2Randy882011-07-20 22:03

    Most times when I'm short a half link I have the hook just grabbed over the side of what ever I'm chaining down and the other end the same on the side of the trailer and there is no shortening a half link, one of my trailers has grab holes where you hook the chain itself in and it over top of something solid with no give at all and its either loose or so tight it makes you nervous to unlatch the binder. I saw the add for those with the screw on one end only and thought maybe if I had a few of those there are times they would come in handy, my trucker {wife] hates the ratchet binders to the point she took them all out of my trucks and trailers and disposed them somewhere unknown and times when I really need them they are not there or anywhere for that matter to be found. I thought a person could just give it few turns and dial in the tension on the binder and they would work slick but does anyone know where to order some from, the info got tossed out and I can't remember who sold them.

  3. #3muzy2011-07-21 00:41

    Well then go ahead a throw all the money you got on these new style bomers with turnbuckles. They will require just as much matinace as ratchet binders. I am not re-inventing the wheel, just letting you know how it has been done for more years then I have been alive. Sometimes the way it is done, well it's done that way for a reasone. Good luck with the flash in the pan. muzy