Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new bobcat M series excavators

tacbob ยท 2009-04-30 03:54

I just had a quick look on www.bobcat.com and they have just released a new series of excavators, anybody seen one in the flesh yet?

Replies10
  1. #1redneckpete2009-05-05 23:33

    Bump

  2. #2curbside2009-05-06 18:18

    I haven't seen one in the flesh but the E 80 has me interested. I think it's sized pretty interesting in the weight department. With steel tracks it will be in that 10 ton range.

  3. #3tacbob2009-05-07 04:07

    I didn't think that there was that much of a difference between steel and rubber tracks. From what i have seen in the past they seem about the same.

  4. #4gpap1232009-05-07 16:21

    nice!

  5. #5curbside2009-05-07 20:19

    The steel tracks add a couple of hundred extra pounds. Not a whole lot but then if you add track pads you add a few more hundred pounds. Brings it over 19000lbs anyways.

  6. #6redneckpete2009-05-09 22:53

    Are they built by Doosan? Pete

  7. #7strott2009-05-10 14:34

    I would of thought that the smaller minis e.g. 1-5 ton would be rebadged bobcat machines as they are a newer design and model therefore more suited to the modern market. As for the larger mini's I have no idea as some of doosan models are newly launched but as you know the Bobcats are also pretty modern and both have a loyal following in their respective countries. It could depend on what area/region of the world you are based in, different areas may have different models from both brands interlaced to bring the product range 'up to date'

  8. #8tacbob2009-05-11 07:17

    I think that you will find that all of the bobcat excavator line up is a bobcat only line up. But it will be intresting in the future if they do put doosan big excavators painted in bobcat colours...

  9. #9hadley2009-05-12 19:57

    The E60 and E80 models in the states are Doosan. The smaller E32 and E35 that are now coming out are Bobcat. They will soon have other models in the "E" lineup to replace current models, pending that the new stuff passes the test. Anything smaller than the E60 should be Bobcat. Who knows what may happen later on. It doesn't make sense for one company to make two of the same thing. Look what happened to the auto conglomerates who had overlapping markets. Maybe have a premium brand and a price point brand??

  10. #10dirtyducks2009-05-16 20:42

    Not trying to take over post but newbee here cannot start thread yet. I bought 2004 bobcat 337g and hydrolics seem weak.Any known issues.Unit has 800hrs and is a clean machine.