Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Case 270 On The Way

Danny Steel ยท 2013-02-11 11:55

Looks like i'm ready to pull the triger on a new case 270. I did a demo on one 2 weeks ago, and checked the specs, looks like a great machine for my landscape/ tree biz. The dealer has treated me good and gave me a fair trade on some farm equipment that I no longer use:beerchug, They also are letting me choose any bucket that I like. I think I like the kubota bucket, I can tell there very well made, plus they extend out futher. The case bucket was tucked in and hard to see the cutting edge. It should be a big step up from my little New holland 150. There going to put the Kubota bucket on the machine and let me have a look at it again What would your bucket of choise be?

Replies14
  1. #1KSSS2013-02-11 12:24

    I like the CASE HD extended lip bucket/lo pro with the available back splash. Very HD bucket. I also have a 80"Bradco extended lip/lo pro that is a good bucket and last year I bought a 84" Bradco low profile but without the extended lip. I like that bucket as well. The low profile/extended lip buckets are nice for grading because it makes the cutting edge easier to see, downside is reduction in breakout and when you are loading into trucks and the truck starts getting full the add length of the cutting edge can hinder dumping into the truck. That was why I tried the low pro regular lip Bradco. Little less capacity but I can still see the cutting edge, and its easier to dump into tall trucks with. The design really comes down to what you need a bucket for. I would be sure to get a bucket that at least gives you a couple of inches beyond each side of the machine. You dont want rocks and gravel to collapes in behind your bucket forcing you to drive over and get that material in your tracks.

  2. #2Danny Steel2013-02-11 13:19

    Thanks Shane, and by the way I did read that thread you made on your adventure out to the desert trying out all the machines, It helped me alot with questions that I had about the machines that you operated. The 270 as you know is 5.6' width over the tracks, so I would say a 72" bucket will be a good size to get. It will be used for grading ,lift and carry, just a good overall type of bucket. If I want something real fancy I will build it my self, but from the dealer, I have a choice of any type of bucket. Nice guys these Case dealers.

  3. #3Matt_H2013-02-12 00:26

    If your landscaping and if you don't do alot of hard digging I would get a bucket like KSSS suggests a low pro with longer lip cause man is that a nice bucket to grade with, and if your only going to have one bucket to start with I would spring and get a serrated cutting edge.

  4. #4Danny Steel2013-02-12 15:33

    I ended up getting the Kubota bucket, IMO It's built way better that the case low pro extended bucket The bucket sticks out more, and it will hold more material. Anyway It's just a bucket....but one more thing that I noticed with the Case and the Kubota bucket, they both have bolt on cutting edges, that part is ok, but Im not sure if I like the idea of the cutting edge back hanging lower than the bucket bottom. I'm use to a smooth bucket thats flush from end to end except for the ware bars. I drove the 270 for the last time today and still love it, amazing heater and the ac will be nice when it gets hot. It has a Jensen JHD910 radio in it but no speakers, I was told most just use the ear buds...but there must be speakers for that little radio. It will be comming home with me real soon

  5. #5KSSS2013-02-12 16:33

    The speakers for mine are overhead behind the covering on the roof of the cab (you cant see the speakers). Are sure there are no speakers? Case makes several different versions of their buckets. There is a lighter duty version and a HD version that they sell will the large frame machines. I would guess where the 270 is smaller they showed you the lighter duty bucket. The HD version is a massive bucket.

  6. #6Danny Steel2013-02-12 16:58

    Now that you mention it...no I'm not sure, but my salesman thought there were no speakers, he did admit that he was not sure how to use that radio.:beatsme, I hope you are right and that the speakers are in there. They could have had the lighter duty bucket on there, but this Kubota bucket is very nice, maybe as nice as the case bucket that you have seen. the big thing is the speakers LOL . It looks like chaining down the machine on the front chain slots will be all new to me, first time I have seen that kind of set up, New Holland skid steers chain down the same way (Newer models) It maybe easier to put a clevis in that slot and hook the chain to it. There just doing the pdi and it will be delivered. It will take me some time to get my brain wired to the new style controls after running foot controls for 9 yrs straight. My old knees are thanking me.

  7. #7KSSS2013-02-12 17:41

    I am about positive that the speakers are behind the headliner. Mine certainly are. I am assuming you got a machine with EH controls. Have the salesman help you adjust the EH to fit your style of operation. Dont let him leave until you are happy with the way the machine responds. There is a great amount of personalization allowed in the configuring of the speed and sensitivity of how the machine responds to you. You dont necessarily need him, you can do it yourself (instructions are in the book behind the seat)but it will be faster with the help of someone who is familiar with the operation of the console.

  8. #8Danny Steel2013-02-14 16:24

    Your right, the speakers are up in the headliner ointlaugh. My dealer is a Case New Holland dealership, and my salesman is more of a New holland guy. Anyway the deal is done and it will be here tomorow. I will do the final adjustments to the E/H once I get some seat time in it...It will be a bit of a learning curve from my little 150 New Holland.

  9. #9Danny Steel2013-02-15 18:06

    My new case just came in The new skid steer just arrived, and I took a few pictures before I get any scratches or mud on it. I still need to do the fine adjustments on the E/H but its not bad where it is set now, The only thing I noticed with just 1 hr of seat time is i'm pulling the machine side to side, I need to get that a bit smoother. Preety happy with it so far, it seems to be a lot of machine, but thats what i'm looking for, I still have my small skid for those small jobs. I'm having a hard time geting use to not haveing the snow blow into me, and the heater in this machine could cook you if you have it high enough.

  10. #10Construct'O2013-02-15 20:02

    Looks good.Have fun!!!

  11. #11KSSS2013-02-15 23:40

    Nice!! You can slow that response down on the EH to help with that side to side tendency. The controls will take some getting used to coming from a standard control type machine. The cab is awesome, really the entire machine is awesome. I just put two mirrors in mine that came with the machine but I never had a chance to install them when I got the machine last year.

  12. #12stuvecorp2013-02-16 12:24

    Looks good! I have struggled with the side to side thing big time when trying one out. I like how the loader functions are when set though.

  13. #13Gorman2013-02-16 17:34

    I sat in one of these puppies at the new england grows expo. a very, very nice machine. awesome visibility.

  14. #14Danny Steel2013-02-16 19:32

    Thanks guys, Day 2 and still very happy with the new beast. With that new 80" bucket and the side cutters, it just peeled up some old hard packed frozen manure in the barn today. My little 150 NH could never push like this machine. Soon as I stop haveing too much fun I will take the time to adjust the controls. I seem that I over steer a bit when doing the fine stuff, but I'm getting the hang of the controls. I love this cab, and mirrors would be nice, I will check into that, another thing that would be a good option is a indoor/outdoor thermometer:notworthy. Heres some more pics, I was on both the machines today. I'm ready for the summer, the snow can go away any time now.