Just got a newsletter email from Case and saw this. Do they make their own excavators or would this be shared with someone else like JD and Hitachi did? https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEBafXnrp8hSxpXo3OBLtNcvhSItw
I believe sumitro makes them just like a link a belt if I'm remembering correctly from what a case salesman told me one night over at con expo I had asked him if everything they say in their video promoting their new excavators was correct he said that they ran it alongside every major brand loading trucks each for an hour and he said it out performed the competition but he is a salesman I have never ran a case or a link belt just caterpillar and a few John derre hopefully some of the other guys will chime in I think quite a few people on hear run a case excavator or has ran one
Sumitomo have had a finger in Link-Belt since the 80's, they bought Link-belt excavators in 2010. Case is building Sumitomo excavators over under license. Case mini's are still Kobelco. Haven't been around a case since they moved away from Kobelco machines.
The case minis are actually now made by Hyundai...learned that at the ConEx show...
Operators are choosing Case over the hype factor of other brands. https://www.dealsonwheels.co.nz/construction/reviews/1511/case-cx145c-sr-excavator-review A lot of those machine performance comparisons are dependent on the person sitting in the cab and how well they use the machine (skill, familiarity etc). I think a 8 tonne Case had a deutz engine in it, other had Isuzu.
Unit is the same as the comparable size Link-Belt and both made by Sumitomo. The Sumitomo line has been pretty consistent in design and quality over many years. The real issue with both is dealer support for parts and trained service personnel. Warranty claims can be dicey as to how they are handled and if they don't have the part local, it just takes what it takes until you get the part in hand.